News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hinckley, MN - April 21-22, 2012

Started by AFTERMATH, April 23, 2012, 11:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Just as the clouds broke the horizon, on the 21st morning of April, anno domini, I awoke with my heart beating to the rhythm of the muster drum!  I hastily made my preparations - Mentally, physically and logistically - for the big day of the big weekend!
As I opened the front door and took that first step into the wild I was instantly reminded of what I love best about Minnesota!  The frost, gloriously making its last stand, melting as the cold rains poured upon it, a brisk wind it's only alliance.  Thought to myself - "'Tis the perfect weather for an Appleseed!"

Upon the first encounter, the Red Coats scoffed at us.
Noteah and Russellmn got to work - firing up the forge and shaping new Riflemen! 
The shooters focused so hard on learning to shoot better that they barely realized their shooting mats had become soft-lined swimming pools!  The shooters persisted and groups shrank.  Lunch came and went quickly.  As they learned of the First Stike, hearts soften.  Upon the second they swelled with pride!  The tone was somber as we fired in volley upon the wet, paper redcoats - But a small token to honor the fallen who, a mere 237 years ago, stood up against the blood-lusting treacherous regular Redcoats.  Soon after the third strike of the match took flame and initiated a blaze that would set the country side in turmoil for the next eight years! 
The shooters hoping they could measure up, set upon the anvil of the AQT - Red, in remembrance of blood shed on April 19th, 1775.   
Eager for a second chance at the Redcoats, the shooters prepared 13rds! 
Those lobster backs didn't fare so well this time!
While we were packing up for the evening, after his AQT had sufficient time to dry, it was discovered that we did indeed have a man amongst us, who knew very well what he was about!  Jason - Yuppiejr had squeezed out a Rifleman's score on the last AQT!  Huzza!

Sunday morning the sun came out, and the wind settled down - It was a beautiful day for Appleseed!  'Iron Will' Kelli, the definition of Persistence and a seasoned Appleseeder, having endured just about every sort of weather and persevered despite set-backs, decide this was the day to she would become a Riflewoman!  She ended the day with the class high-score of 234?!

I would like to add a special note for our two youth shooters - Andy and Rayne - Both of you proved to be exceptional examples of our posterity!  Keep on firing by the numbers!

Eric and Michael thanks for coming and making up the center-fire section of the line!  Practice the steady hold factors, and dry-fire by the six steps!  Come back and score Rifleman!

Congratulations again to Jason and Kelli!

Thank you Russell and Scott for making this shoot easy on an old shoot boss!

See you on the line!

AFTERMATH
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cooper

HUZZAH!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!!

IRON WILL!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

HAIL AND WELL MET, FELLOW WARRIOR !

I AM TONIGHT TRULY JOYOUS AND CELEBRATORY TO HEAR OF THE (NEVER BY ME DOUBTED) SUCCESS YOU HAVE EARNED.

This not the end of a road, but rather the beginning of a greater, deeper and even more rewarding journey toward personal and communal improvement. ,,,Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

Finally found a way to pull this off of my old phone...

Better late than never...

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]