News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN Sept 17 2011

Started by DaveD, September 19, 2011, 10:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

High 40's in the AM, mid 70's in the afternoon.  9 Shooters raring to go .....what a great day for an Appleseed. 

Mike and Lee were our early guy's, an hour before checking time. They were ready! 

Mike and June, great to see you two again. Mike came wanting to shoot, but he made the"mistake" of requesting an Orange Hat .  So ....... I put him to work on the line. Did relent in the afternoon and had him shoot the Instructor demo AQT plus some additional trigger time.  Illinios has a new Instructor!!

Steven glad to see you again and to meet your son Tristen.  Looking forward to seeing all of you next month.  Tristen you "done good"!  I enjoyed handing you that Youth Patch.

David, think we did a good shakedown of that new rifle?

Ben and Linda, a pleasure to have you on the line. Please come back!

Although we didn't make any Rifleman, if this had been a two day shoot several of you would had taken home that Patch.  Don't forget to dry fire, practice everything you learned.

The History really hits home doesn't it?

To all of you, thanks for a great, fun and safe day of History and shooting.  Please come back!!! And bring some friends.

Dave

Photo's coming?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

RBKL

A beautiful day for an Appleseed at Cloverdale.   Warm in the sun and cool in the shade.  The only problem, it was a 1 day event.   I was worn out Saturday, but was ready to come back on Sunday for more history, instruction and practice.

Thank you to all of the instructors for all of their help and patience.  The old eyes just didn't seem to have it in them.  I shoot so well at home - for 30 minutes.  I'll switch back to the scope to build some confidence - and then try again with the sights.  Maybe next time.

Looking forward to the next one.