News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Ramah CO, Sept 7-9, 2011

Started by Long Rifle, September 15, 2011, 12:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Rifle

On Sept. 7 - 9, five shooters came to the Ben Lomond Gun Club to improve their long range marksmanship skills. Over the 3 days we had together we discussed the events of April 19 and it's consequences for our country past and future.

We also discussed and practiced shooting to the Riflemans standard to 500 yards, target detection, range estimation, wind estimation, and wind correction. Somedays the conditions were perfect for getting no wind zeros and the next day we would be trying to correct for the famous Colorado wind. I feel everyone left with a good understanding of the fundamentals of distance shooting, and their rifles. Good job to Art, Craig, Mike, and Tim for hanging in there for the 3 days.

Thanks to the Ben Lomond Gun Club for hosting this event. This was a great venue for an RBC. I hope to have a couple more condensed RBCs next year. If you haven't attended an RBC yet. Put it on your schedule for next year. Hope to see more folks on the line in 2012.
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Sheepdog

This was a great RBC. Alan did and exhaustive job of presenting the data and craft for distance shooting. Best part was you can really see the affect of the variables we discuss. Wind, gravity, bullet weight, absolute need for a solid zero all played out.
Everybody worked hard to improve their game and it worked! Distance shooting also brings out the necessity for knowing your sights and importance of keeping track of your clicks.
It was good to meet some new friends and catch up with some old ones.
See y'all on the trail.
Mike/Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Crazy Tim

What a way to bring together everything that we learn at Appleseed!  Thanks to Alan for such thorough and patient instruction.

I now have a much better understanding of known distance (KD) and the capabilities of my rifle.

What an enjoyable and eye opening experience.

Also wanted to comment on holding a three day RBC for experienced Appleseeders.  It was much easier to get away to attend for three days rather than the usual  five or six days.  I cannot imagine retaining the stamina for attending that many day in a rows, let alone instructing.  The only thing that would make it better, would be to hold it over a weekend to include a Friday or Monday.

Great to make new friends and reacquaint with with some old.

Crazy Tim