News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

***Minnesota IBC - March 12-13, 2011 in Winona***

Started by vmt193, December 10, 2010, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

WHAT: Instructor Boot Camp in Minnesota

WHERE: Winona Sportsmen's Club - Winona, MN

WHEN: March 12-13, 2011

WHY: We're going to need all hands on deck April 16-17. This will be a great way for IITs to advance and for RHs to polish up on their AS skills for the 2011 Appleseeding season.

The clubhouse will be available for anyone wishing to bunk there. Just bring your sleeping bag/cot.

EIP http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19223.0

***MENU***

Saturday
Breakfast - Cooper/vmt
Lunch - Sparks1: Sloppy Joes & Buns
Dinner - AFTERMATH: ???

Sunday
Breakfast-???
Lunch - Kosciusko: Hotdogs

Misc.
AdamT: Sodas and chips
BlueFive: Brownies and chips

dragonfly

An IBC in March, perfect timing to get ready for the big April weekend. I highly recommend, and look forward to it  O0 .

D-fly      Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AFTERMATH

It's about dang time you Minnesotans get arround to having your very own IBC!   ~~:)
Now, in addition to mooching off of WI >:D and IL ::); you can have your very own!   ^-^
Sorry, I don't think we have a bar; but we'll find something else.  #)

Mike, we can get in there Friday evening; right?  @)

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Well now that we have our own SI , scheduling is not a problem. ^:)^

It will be hard to wait...I'm in, got it on my calender.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

vmt193

I'd say we can most likely get in anytime after about 5:30 on Friday. Kevin?

adamt

"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

FreedomV

Illegitimi non carborundum

highwarden

I tried to click on information on Boot Camp schedule page and got the following mssage.  What's up.

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Highwarden

AFTERMATH

Quote from: highwarden on December 16, 2010, 07:14:16 PM
I tried to click on information on Boot Camp schedule page and got the following mssage.  What's up.

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Highwarden

I'm supposing an Event Information Page hasn't been made up yet.
Don't fret it for now....

By the way; welcome to the board!
So, do you have a name I may recognize?

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

JustJeff

Quote from: AFTERMATH on December 16, 2010, 08:12:48 PM
Quote from: highwarden on December 16, 2010, 07:14:16 PM

An Error Has Occurred!

Highwarden

I'm supposing an Event Information Page hasn't been made up yet.
Don't fret it for now....

By the way; welcome to the board!
So, do you have a name I may recognize?

Aftermath

It's listed....but don't you have to be at least an IIT to see it?
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

AFTERMATH

Say, if you play it right; you can hit up three IBCs before April!

Ottawa - Jan 15-17
Baraboo - Feb 4-6 -IIT3 and up
Winona - Mar 12-13

The perfect trifecta!

AFTERMATH

Well with out giving too much away:

Not only will this be unique in that it's Minnesota's first ever IBC, I'm plottin' to make it a completely unique IBC all-together! 

"What does that mean?"  You ask.

Well that means that no matter how many IBC's you've been to; you'll have never been to one like this!

"That's a pretty bold statement AFTERMATH!  How are you going to insure that?"  

Wait and see, wait and see.  Sign up!  ASAP!  Club-house space is limited. 
But there should be plenty of snow-banks!

:P

Old Glory!

Good timing on the IBC.  Just in time for April 16-17. 

Aftermath has been testing out snow banks in WI.  At first it is going to seem uncomfortable, but if you persist............... $$-0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 08, 2011, 01:14:09 AM
Good timing on the IBC.  Just in time for April 16-17. 

Aftermath has been testing out snow banks in WI.  At first it is going to seem uncomfortable, but if you persist............... $$-0

Just like sleeping on a cloud! 8)

Kosciusko

Quote from: vmt193 on December 10, 2010, 06:43:56 PM

It shouldn't be a problem, just let me know.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Kosciusko on February 10, 2011, 09:19:33 PM
Quote from: vmt193 on December 10, 2010, 06:43:56 PM

It shouldn't be a problem, just let me know.

Kevin; go ahead and plan it as early as you can on Friday.  If anything it'll give Mike and I a chance to strategize.

sparks1

I was just looking at the link on the schedule for this IBC...maybe add some information for those not familiar with the event.

Food??? Is there facilities for cooking at the host site? Is it a potluck like others? Some of this needs to be covered so the event can be more successful. Is there running water, bathrooms at the facility? How much room is there for sleeping arrangements? Some of us have not been to this site and will need some more info. I am planning on sleeping at the range site (correct) and will bring the famous sloppy Joes and buns. Who is coordinating the food stuff. (Do you see a trend in my post???
FOOD !!!!  :P
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

vmt193

Details:

There is a small kitchen with sink, range, and refrigerator. Bar type coolers for beverages. I'll check with Kevin about having the gas grill locked, loaded, and functional.

Restrooms for both men and women. 

There are two large rooms.  One is more like a classroom with several folding tables. The other is adjacent to the kitchen area with tables, a TV, 2 sofas, and a fireplace.  Sofas will be first come first served for sleeping, everybody else gets their very own private slice of floor. Bring a cot if you've got one. I have one if somebody needs one.

FOOD:

Potluck is GOOD! How about if everybody that has something they would like to bring, send me a PM. I'll try to get a rough plan for a menu and we can fill in blanks as needed. I'll update the first post with details as we go. Looks like we'll have about 12-15 people so far.

vmt193

Kosciusko

The grill should be good to go. 

I have vacation time to "use or lose".

So, as early as I am needed at the clubhouse, I will be there, but I need to know ASAP.

kmk-Kosciusko

vmt193

Quote from: Kosciusko on March 01, 2011, 12:31:35 PM

The grill should be good to go. 

I have vacation time to "use or lose".

So, as early as I am needed at the clubhouse, I will be there, but I need to know ASAP.

kmk-Kosciusko

Anybody planning to get there before 5:30-6:00?

AFTERMATH

As it stands today; that's my approximate ETA.

Say, Mike, did you get a list of attendees yet?

Taylor

Discussing the IBC this past weekend with Aftermath at the Pine City gun show had me 99.99999% committed to signing up but then I came home to an email from my current and future sons-in-law who want to come up from IL for some late season ice fishing that weekend. So that's where I'll be but I'll be 7th stepping them the whole weekend. Have a great IBC everybody. Hope to see you soon.

Taylor

PS-Dicey still MIA out in CO.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Blue Five

I'm all game, as a new orange hat and all  :) 

Even if I'm from Wisconsin....  ;)

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Old Glory!

Quote from: Blue Five on March 06, 2011, 10:48:55 PM

B5

Way to go BF.   O0  This is an excellent opportunity for you and your family. 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Blue Five

Quote from: Old Glory! on March 07, 2011, 11:49:02 AM
Quote from: Blue Five on March 06, 2011, 10:48:55 PM

B5

Way to go BF.   O0  This is an excellent opportunity for you and your family. 

Thanks OG!  I am planning on making the 40 minute drive (which cannot be beat) to Winona for the IBC :)  This is an excellent way for me to start my spring break, I think  :cool2:

B5

Edit: Professor will not be able to make it
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Cooper

Come on over folks!

There's still plenty of room at the IBC in Winona, MN this weekend!!

Come and brush up those marksmanship teaching skills!
Come and learn how to tell the History in ways that will make 'em beg for more!
Nice clubhouse with plenty of room and a kitchen to boot!

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Brad76

I'll be there.

I'm bringing my Brother in law Chris - he is going to take the Orange Cap this weekend.

See you tonight.

Brad

Cooper

Quote from: Brad76 on March 11, 2011, 12:49:22 PM
I'll be there.
I'm bringing my Brother in law Chris - he is going to take the Orange Cap this weekend.
See you tonight.
Brad

HUZZAH!!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

adamt

AdamT and 7.62 will soon be departing the metro. See you there.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln