News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Cloverdale, IN Oct 23 & 24, 2010

Started by ATM, October 24, 2010, 11:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Great weekend at Cloverdale Conservation Club! I'll be back to go into more details but wanted to get the AAR rollin'...

Stop! Shower time.  ..:..

(more tomorrow) ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

tater

Once again, I had a great time at an appleseed. I suspect my 11 yr. old son came to make dad happy at first. I figured one day was all he could handle, so I just signed us up for saturday. I was wrong, it was his idea to come back sunday. He wants a rifleman patch bad. He got close enough to almost taste the bacon. He talked all the way home about how much he enjoyed the history lessons and the shooting. The instructors did a wonderful job explaining everything. I watched him like a hawk, but I'm really impressed with how much he picked up on the range safety. I now have a shooting buddy for future appleseeds. We can't wait to go again.
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Minus1

Rimshot and DHolder ably instructing. . .

DaveD and Abby

DHolder demonstrating prone with Eddie and son in background.

ATM discussing holdover and ranging

ATM spotting for Steve and Abby

The line

Carding the sights

The next/current/older generation were represented well at this event!

DHolder demonstrating NPOA

Another well delivered history lesson

DaveD demonstrating an AQT. Should I post his target?

It was bittersweet "losing" this cook. . . Congratulations!

Bacon was well represented!

I'm gonna hear about this one. . . A lovely lady caught at a bad time. . .

Same here, minus the "lovely" part. . . Well, maybe the "lady" too. . .

Rockin' the official Tactical Sandals. With jeans. And socks.

The gracious AuntieBellum

Bill of Rights showed up Sunday

Rimshot received his RED HAT at the shoot; ATM received his GREEN HAT at same. Unfortunately, my camera was AWOL.

AuntieBellum scoring one of MANY AQTs.

I am sure some names are wrong/forgotten. I can't remember some of the handles or who they belong to. Please help if you can!

Special Thanks to Don, Steve, and Linda for the cooking, Alan and Dave for the pizza, and Alan for keeping everyone WELL supplied with bacon throughout the shoot! It was a great time with great people, and I look forward to the next!

ATM

It is with mixed emotions that I congratulate stschil on attaining his Rifleman patch. Very happy that he persevered, practiced and returned to nail it at this shoot, but just a little sad at the same time. You see, this is was one of the finest cooks I've met on the trail. I do hope he continues to cater and share with those lucky enough to join him, Linda and Abby at future campsites.  ;D Between you and DHolder, there was lots of tasty food shared.
Abby spent time both improving her marksmanship and helping with AppleCore. Let's get this young lady a blue hat!

tater backed up his Rifleman score and his son, Tyler, crept up over 200... very impressive! I definitely predict the reward of meat candy at his next shoot.  ;)

Minus1 backed up his Rifleman scores on several AQTs through the weekend, including an Advanced AQT at 100 yds. on Sunday - all with a .22 bolt rifle.  :o ATM was again impressed.

After the shoot on Sunday, I am pleased to announce that he accepted an Orange Hat and has become Indiana's newest IIT!

As announced in the Indiana forum, Rimshot completed his Instructor check and now wears a red hat. Outstanding!

Great group of shooters with families sharing in marksmanship and heritage. I saw the immediate feedback that marksmanship improved (those targets never lie, do they?) but I sensed that the awareness and connection with the American Revolution happened at a very personal level, too.
The war? Nope, remember that was only a symptom. I'm talking hearts and minds here.

Thank you all for coming out. Don't forget that 7th step - tell folks and bring them back with you!  O0

Anyone remember how to make a safe rifle? I forgot. ^:)^

Edit: Ha! Looks like Minus1 caught a pic of me mid-facepalm.
I think that was when somebody claimed we were out of bacon. (We're never out of bacon.)  ++)

Stubborn Yankee

Congrats to Rimshot and ATM!  I am very impressed!  Hope to work with both of you in the near future.

AuntieBellum

What a fantastic shoot!  Abby, welcome to AppleCore!  Thank you for all of your help behind the scenes, and I look forward to working with you again soon!  Shooters, there are truly Riflemen among you.  Practice those positions, remember the steps, and you'll get there in no time. 

And Steve - congrats!  It was a pleasure to see you on the line again this weekend with both Linda and Abby.  Linda, you just practicing with your "sissy" rifle, and show those guys at the range how it's done! 

And pictures:

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Niecie

Fantastic day to be a shooter! I really had a wonderful time seeing "old" friends and making new ones ;D One of the best parts of Appleseed, you meet so many great folks! Special thanks to our blue hats, Auntiebellum and Chilidog. You both made things run very smooth (and proved you don't really need me!)

Welcome to Abby, too! She is a fantastic addition to the blue hat crew! We are very glad to have you helping us out! You did an awesome job on Sunday. Thank you so much for your help O0

Great photos Auntiebellum!

Niecie

ATM

Quote from: Niecie on October 26, 2010, 12:48:52 AM
...(and proved you don't really need me!)

We only squeeeeeeaked by without you on Saturday, Niecie. We still need you!  :bow:

(extra e's for emphasis.)

*EVERYONE ELSE*

Check the lost and found link for Cloverdale shoot here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17949.0

One jacket with key is still missing and I have a different jacket which hasn't been claimed.

Thanks!

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Niecie on October 26, 2010, 12:48:52 AM
(and proved you don't really need me!)

I'll just pretend I didn't read that.   ++)

Of COURSE we need you!!!  Oh, my goodness - Indiana and Appleseed is EXTREMELY lucky to have you.  You truly sacrificed much this weekend and saved the day on Saturday by coming all the way to North Porter County!!!  And it was fantastic to see you on the line Sunday - I hope you got to at least go to bed early Sunday!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Niecie

Quote from: AuntieBellum on October 26, 2010, 10:01:36 PM
Of COURSE we need you!!!  Oh, my goodness - Indiana and Appleseed is EXTREMELY lucky to have you.  You truly sacrificed much this weekend and saved the day on Saturday by coming all the way to North Porter County!!!  And it was fantastic to see you on the line Sunday - I hope you got to at least go to bed early Sunday!

Thank you!! I am honored to be a part of such a great group of folks!! I had NO choice but to go to bed early - my body was rebelling against me.

I also wanted to thank Sarah and Abby for making very cool gifts for the volunteers, from the found clays. Very pretty and thoughtful!

Here are a couple of additional photos I have, although AuntieBellum did such a great job, I really don't need to post these:

Bill3 came by to present ATM his Green hat.

What a fashion statement  ;) Congratulations!

Rimshot modeling the new red hat! Congratulations!

AuntieBellum working hard as usual ~~:)

Rimshot giving some history - great story teller here!

Bill of Rights giving his Dangerous Old Men story:

ATM giving out patches as the Shoot Boss ^:)^
(Sorry, Mike, please forgive me, I love this pic  >:D and I am glad both you and your son had a great time)

Great cook - now great Rifleman... Congrats  Steve!! I hope to see you and your family soon!

Great shoot, everyone!

Niecie

stschil

Yet another, great, great weekend.  Thanks to DaveD, ATM, Rimshot, DHolder, and BillofRights for your excellent instruction.  It pays off.  Look at all that hardware that was awarded!

Antebellum, you're a doll and my daughter just loves you!

Tryin- :bow:  What can I say.  Three Rifleman scores over the weekend and all done with a bolt action!!  You ARE my hero!!!! 

Streck-Thanks for letting Linda shoot your AR.  She's caught the bug now... Let's just say that Bradis is going to be 'missing' two AR's after today.   :---
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

Surlycamera

ATM - Thanks, I still have not heard about the jacket or key.