News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Estacada, OR, 12-13 June 2010

Started by Earl, June 11, 2010, 10:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

:) Glad to be back in the land of the rifle and interstate highway system. Walk-ons welcome at the Douglas Ridge Rifle Range, 27787 HWY 224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022. Hope to see you there. Now where is my GPS?   Earl Cool.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wheeler44

What a great weekend....Great weather, great venue, great shooters (all nine of 'em) and my fellow instructors were great as well...

I'll post something with some substance shortly...

Congratulations... HUH205......WoooooooHoooooo

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Kratos

Nice range, about 1 hour drive from my house.  Great shoot bossing by Earl, as usual.  Wheeler44 added his personal touch with great instructing and making the history stories connect with people on a personal level.  The weather was perfect, especially for Oregon!  The 7 students were all eager to learn, made significant progress from first shot to last shot; one shooter made Rifleman, and 2 others are oh-oh-oh so close -- we're talking 205 scores.

I had a great weekend teaching, and also learning from others (you can always learn something).  Here's to a successful shoot!

Earl

Quality folks, not quanity. This is a great place to have an Appleseed, thank you Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and the RSO Michael Jones, from the club that hosted us so wonderfully. He made sure the shoot boss had coffee, knew the terrain, had support and gave me a fine inert training rifle for slings and positions (the only current item made in China I appreciate), three loud Huzzahs!

Earl Shoot Boss
Wheeler 44 RWVA Instructor and Shoot Box provider
KRATOS  IIT and great help (glad he is back - he works too hard)

Saturday, Five PreRegistered, Two Walk-ons total seven (two Saturday only)
Sunday, two new Sunday only, total seven

Felt like I was behind on Saturday, felt caught up totally by end of Sunday - all instruction presented, one AQT on Saturday, Seven AQTs on Sunday.

Wheeler44 gave all DOM, Earl gave all three strikes - not sure how that happened but it worked.

Redcoats on Sat AM 400-0, 300-0, 200-0, 100 -2, HS 0
                      PM 400-1, 300-1, 200-3, 100-1, HS 1
                Sun AM 400-1, 300-1, 200-0, 100-3, HS 3
                      PM 400-0, 300-1, 200-2, 100-2, HS 1
Rifleman Griff 216
IIT Cap acceptance 1, taking the seventh step....
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Second day same as the first, little bit louder and light on the verse. ^:)^

Hammer

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories."  - Thomas Jefferson

Prescott

I just wanted to thank everyone involved for putting on a good shoot.   Earl was a great shoot boss and Wheeler and Kratos did a great job with instruction and running the line.

I brought my son to his first Appleseed and his first question on the way home was "When can we come again?".   We will try to be at the Castle Rock shoots or back at Douglas Ridge this fall.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

CoastRanger

Such a great event!  I got so much out of this weekend, a big thanks to Fred, the Appleseed Project, Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Earl, Wheeler, Kratos, and last but not least the DRRC RSO Michael.  (Oh, and the people who made sure I have the chance to become a rifleman!)  I will DEFINITELY be attending the next Appleseed, practicing in the meantime (I will get those last 8 points!), and doing some recruiting while Im at it.  I was raised "gun-free" (is that really free?) so Im brand new to rifles, but my skills took a quantum leap this weekend.  My girlfriend (not new to rifles but new to dedicated marksmanship) is also a thorough convert, and all this goes for her too.  We both have so much more confidence in our rifles and our ability to run them.  We will be bringing long-time and new shooters to Castle Rock in August.

Special thanks to Earl for making the perfect environment for both of us to exceed ourselves, and to Wheeler for really going the extra mile with his equipment and support of us becoming riflemen.  Truly.   O0

More free everyday,
Ben

Wheeler44

QuoteSpecial thanks to Earl for making the perfect environment for both of us to exceed ourselves, and to Wheeler for really going the extra mile with his equipment and support of us becoming riflemen.  Truly.

I think that I can speak for Earl as well as myself here...You are both more than welcome....Now go pay it forward...

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

misschief

i am not sure whether to call it an awakening, a blessing, a shot in the arm, or one hell of a wake-up call; but i had an unforgettable experience in estacada!
thanks do not touch the gratitude I have for having such devoted and PATIENT people helping me to find my inner strength and DEAL with what I thought was disappointment at the time!

little did i know, that the difficulties i was faced with, would end up being some of the most motivating teachers i would encounter! thank you from my heart to ALL of you who stood behind me and encouraged me!

funny to think i actually put my yoga mat down when i got there sat...thanks earl, your pad was much more comfortable, and i STILL have mini-bruises!

just want you all to know that paying it forward has already begun. the community, commitment and potential within this appleseed project bring tears to my eyes, in a happy way though ^:)^

god only knows what the devotion of people with a purpose and the integrity to help others can do!!!!

see you soon!!!

Wheeler44

Misschief.....A heart felt ...Welcome aboard.

W44