News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed at the Museum

Started by vmt193, October 05, 2009, 11:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

I made a trip down to Ft. Benning last week and look what I found as I was walking to the parade field behind the new National Infantry Museum! O0 That's IIT1 SkyWarrior standing there without his orange hat.

vmt

Thor

A proud day for us all.   Serving his county both as a soldier and an Appleseed Instructor, surely a man who knows what he is about. 
Clearly must have been brought up right  O0

Congrats SkyWarrior and vmt.
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

voortrekker

That is an amazing picture!

Thank you SkyWarrior for defending our Republic as a U.S. Serviceman.

In addition, thank you for being a RWVA instructor.

Looking at that picture, knowing that SkyWarrior is not only active U.S. Army but also a RWVA instructor, simply, gives me comfort in this day and age.

Looking closely at the picture, I have to say something that caught my eye, and I know taking this pic was spontaneous.

In the reflections, if you look closely at the feet of the Colonial soldier etched in the marble, you will see his left foot.

It's a bare foot via the reflection of the person taking SkyWarrior's pic before this monument.

When I saw this, I immediately thought of Valley Forge, where our troops went without food, money, and shoes for a longer time, I think, that we here might endure.

I thought about the stories of Valley Forge when I looked at that picture.

A strong reminder, to myself, of our forebearers that sacrifced all to realize a Republic, a society, that was truly meant to be free.

The United States of America.

I will be thinking of that photogragh while I'm instructing this weekend.

SkyWarrior, thank you for your service.

Brett
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.