News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Embroidered shooting jacket

Started by Nevada Smith, October 01, 2009, 02:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nevada Smith

Here's an idea for "dressing up" a plain shooting jacket.

Cost was about $45. (BTW adding a name such as "NEVADA SMITH" in 1" block letters adds about $15 to the cost.)

Take the jacket to an embroidery business along with your own artwork or choose from their in-house selections.

In my case I chose the graphic used on the official state flag (which bears Nevada's slogan, "Battle Born," adopted on March 26, 1937--it means Nevada became a state during the Civil War). (The outline of the state of Nevada was added to the official graphic.)

Problems worthy
of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.
--Piet Hein

Mark D

I like the idea. 

Brother

Nevada Smith

(I hope Fred doesn't mind)

BTW it's a Creedmoor basic cloth shooting jacket

This jacket is not particularly well suited to wear while instructing (unless you're modeling) whereas Fred's is.
Problems worthy
of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.
--Piet Hein

Fred

No way I mind...

Anyone who wants one of the jackets I sell is free to buy them direct from shootingmall.com, my supplier - would lighten the load here in the warehouse, so I can ship stocks instead. O0

That's a nice graphic, and an even nicer saying, "Battle Born" - could apply to the entire US, certainly at least the first 13 states...

We were definitely, as a nation, "born in battle" - and thank Heaven there were people willing to fight for little things like liberty, rather than a spot on the couch in front of the new plasma, envy of the rest of the neighborhood...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...