News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Albion NY - Barre Center DAR April 17th & 18th 2010

Started by B9, October 01, 2009, 05:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Range: Private Land - Barre Center Appleseed Range (DAR)  

Address: 13582 Miller Road, Albion, NY 14411-9517

When: April 17th-18th 2010
         June 5th-6th 2010
         July 3rd-4th 2010
         October 2nd-3rd 2010

Range Fee: $5.00 per event donation for range upkeep.

Camping available: Free camping on site. RV's welcome. Bring an extension cord for power, electric available. Potable water available.

Hotels: ‎Numerous 15-20 minutes south on NYS Thruway Interstate 90.
Days Inn 200 Oak St, Batavia, NY‎  (585) 343-1440‎
Comfort Inn 4371 Federal Drive, Batavia, NY (585) 344-9999

Directions:
From Interstate 90 Take exit  48 for NY RT 98 toward Batavia. Turn right on RT 98 north toward Albion. 12.5 miles take left on Maple Street. 2 mile take left on Miller Road.

GPS:  43.180188-78.241595

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws - www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NYSL.pdf

Misc: No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Eye and ear protection required. No shooting before 9am or after dusk or 5pm. No .50 BMG's. Respect the land and neighbors and all will be good. Outhouse on site. Uncovered firing line. Pole barn with electric nearby for lunch/classroom work. Remember this is lake plains area of Upstate NY. Dress appropriately for the season and current weather conditions. Barre Deli 5 minutes away. Bring snacks and water. We will most likely send a runner to get deli sandwiches for lunch. Distance available -
25 meters, 100 yards and one lane for up to 500 yards.

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

I plan to be there for this one as well.  We can discuss what needs doing...

EDIt 3/17/10:  Well isn't this embarrassing!  It appears I've promised to be in three places at the same time...

I am on the official instructor schedule for Bennington VT on this seekend (4/17 & 18 2010).  Sorry for the confusion - and for my lousy memory.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Nut Farmer

That is great!  Please contact B9 about what you can do to help out.  He runs the NY State show, but we all need to get on board to help him out as much as possible - he has too much on his plate and could use people to help carry the load here in NY.  We are significantly ramping up shoots and adding new sites in 2010 and really need help.  Currently we have to get help from surrounding States to assist staffing the NY events.

One of the best things you can do right now is serve as BOTG (Boots on the Ground) and help promote the remaining few events in NY for October, which will be our last scheduled Appleseed until April 17, 2010, unless someone gets brave (or crazy) and schedules a winter shoot.  I would consider it here at the NY DAR but we get 160" of snow a year on average and have nasty winds alot of the time as I'm nestled between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.

For 2010 what you and I can both do is shoot over 210 at the Halloween Appleseed here at the NY DAR and accept the responsibility of taking an Orange Hat as an IIT4 and get to a boot camp over winter, then work our butts off in 2010 to move through the IIT ranks and get that Red Hat.  Please encourage others to attend this first time event in Western NY.  We really need to establish a local crew to staff the five events on the calendar so far for 2010 as well as to help out at surrounding Appleseeds.

Keep up your energy - it's good to have someone on board here to help us out.

Thanks,
Doug
NY DAR (Barre Center) Owner
NY Promotions Boss
PA Promotions Boss
WNY BOTG
SUPPORT RWVA - Hold An Appleseed!

CrushingStep

Hey everyone!  Glad to be able to attend this one.  Last year was a miss.

Willing to be a Boot on the Ground in Rochester.  I'm limited, but I'll do as much as I can.

Also, will anyone be at the Albion shoot with a spare 10/22 for my younger brother? 
"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes."

B9

Quote from: CrushingStep on March 17, 2010, 01:39:31 PM
Hey everyone!  Glad to be able to attend this one.  Last year was a miss.

Willing to be a Boot on the Ground in Rochester.  I'm limited, but I'll do as much as I can.

Also, will anyone be at the Albion shoot with a spare 10/22 for my younger brother? 

We can always use some local promotions. Fliers are here.... http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9887.0
Gereral promotion stuff here.....http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8645.0
We do not have an Instructor crew lined up for this shoot yet. Once they are one of them may have a loaner for your brother. Watch here....http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11465.0
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

nyrasgt

23 March:  235th Anniversary of Patrick Henry's 1775 speech to the Virginia Provincial Convention, at St. John's Church in Richmond...the famous, "...I know not what course others may take, but, as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" speech.
  Man knew how to BAIL!
Excelsior,
mad
nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

B9

Due to Instructor shortages we had to slim down by one. The other shoots are at commercial ranges that modified their schedules for Appleseed. This was the logical choice for cancellation.  Unfortunately that leaves western NY lacking a shoot that weekend but there are choices near by.......

Watertown area. With a top notch Instructor team, both with extensive experience. Known distance available at this range and full facilities.
April 17 & 18 New Bremen NY  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11098.0

Just west of Syracuse. Also a good Instructor team and awesome facilities including a shower.  
April 17 & 18 Elbridge, NY  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10415.msg86641;topicseen#msg86641
Medea Benjamin

olsarge1958

Thanks B9. My hats off to you folks who are making this program work and grow.

I registered my son and I for the Saturday Elbridge shoot.

I had read about the Appleseed events, and my youngest daughter wanted to go to one in the warmer months.

I put together a couple of Marlin LTR's, but didn't have the motivation to play in the snow at the February event.

Hoping to get the rifles on target in April, and if the old eyeballs cooperate shoot something respectable. It's been a lot of years since I"ve shot anything like this, and first time ever with a .22.

This should give me a better handle on what to expect in June when my daughter and I get out for the weekend.
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY