News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saratoga Springs NY April 17th & 18th 2010

Started by B9, October 01, 2009, 05:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Range:  SaraSpa Rod and Gun Club

Address: 170 Porter Corners Road, Porters Corners, NY

When: April 17th-18th 2010
          September 18th-19th 2010

Range Fee: $5.00 per day. Under 17 years old, active Military, Guard/Reserve exempt from the fee.

Camping available: Camping on site. Water, electric (with extension cords), and restrooms. Water is NOT good for drinking.

Hotels:
Holiday Inn, 232 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
The Springs Motel, 189 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, 518-584-6336

Directions:
From Albany via RT 87 north. Follow the northway to exit 15. Take a left off the ramp and follow RT 50 into Saratoga Springs staying in the right lane. As you approach the city take a right onto Church Street which is also RT 9N. After approx 5 miles go through the village of Greenfield Center. 2 miles past the traffic light in Greenfield Center you will pass under a railroad bridge, immediately on your left will be an old railway car and Porter Corners road. Follow Porter Corners road approx 3/4 of a mile and the SaraSpa clubhouse in on the left.

GPS:  43.148462,-73.865182‎

State Laws to be aware of: No out of state unlicensed pistols. Check State Laws: http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NYSL.pdf

Misc: Excellent home cooked food will be available on site for a reasonable fee/donation. Range Rules - No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Eye and ear protection required. No shooting before 9am or after dusk or 8pm. This range has 100 and 200 yard lanes also.

For More Information Contact: Ed at NY@APPLESEEDINFO.ORG or 607-727-9282

Registration Link: April 17-18  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/450627840
                          Sept 18-19  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/450637870
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

B9

Status and Task List for:
Saratoga Springs NY April 17th & 18th 2010
Last Updated: October 4 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Information

Date:  April 17th & 18th 2010
Shoot Boss:
Instructors/IITs:
Pre shoot set up: nyrasgt
Pre-Registrations:
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9888.0
Registration Link:  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/450627840  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tasks / Action Items

Event scheduled with Host
Host Application signed and submitted
EIP information submitted
Shoot Boss needed
Red Hat(s) needed
Orange Hat(s) needed
Management of target backers and shoot supplies
Supply request submitted
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

I'm good for pre-shoot setup and pre-reg.  We can play the rest of the on-site tasks by ear.  Once you have a flier I'll start distributing to capital area ranges, gun shops, etc.

I want people and their kids to look forward to this shoot more than Christmas...  and I think I may already have some attendees in mind.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

R1SGx2

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on October 07, 2009, 09:29:28 PMI'm good for pre-shoot setup and pre-reg.  We can play the rest of the on-site tasks by ear.  Once you have a flier I'll start distributing to capital area ranges, gun shops, etc.

I want people and their kids to look forward to this shoot more than Christmas...  and I think I may already have some attendees in mind.

Wow - I'm feeling foolish.  I had completely forgotten responding to this thread; and I've signed up to help Buzzworth at Bennington that weekend.  Of course, I'm still talking it up and distributing fliers for it to everyone I can...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

B9

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on January 13, 2010, 11:15:29 PM
Quote from: Another D.O.M. on October 07, 2009, 09:29:28 PMI'm good for pre-shoot setup and pre-reg.  We can play the rest of the on-site tasks by ear.  Once you have a flier I'll start distributing to capital area ranges, gun shops, etc.

Wow - I'm feeling foolish.  I had completely forgotten responding to this thread; and I've signed up to help Buzzworth at Bennington that weekend.  Of course, I'm still talking it up and distributing fliers for it to everyone I can...

Planning what you will be doing months in advance is difficult for even the most regimented person.
With out a doubt work in VT that weekend. Every Instructor needs to look to working in other areas. Variety of techniques and variety of contacts.   
Medea Benjamin

nyrasgt

Ed,
  I can sub for Mark A @ Saraspa and help Ryan/Mark w. set up Fri.
mad
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

B9

Quote from: nyrasgt on January 28, 2010, 12:26:12 AM
Ed,
  I can sub for Mark A @ Saraspa and help Ryan/Mark w. set up Fri.
mad

OK, thanks.
Medea Benjamin

R1SGx2

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."