News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Canton/Minerva Camping

Started by slim, September 30, 2009, 05:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

What's the story with camping on Oct. 2/3?

Anyone heading up that way? Can any local BOTG confirm if we're going to have a fire or any access to water or anything like that?

Has anyone stayed at the mom and pop hotel?

Gordon

I stayed there last year, and liked it for its austerity.

But it is austere, at least it was at the time. No running water at all, no electricity, a fire "spot", open field next to some brush. There was some scrap wood nearby which was OK for firewood. One of the other shooters had some nice firewood; I might bring a little this year. No structures of any sort on the premises at all, except a porta-john and a pavillion-type tent w/ picnic tables, maybe 50 yds from the line, under which we had lunch.

The EIP indicates that the owner is working on some upgrades. I'll look forward to seeing it.

See you this weekend slim!
-FM

Luna

Looking forward to this weekend.  Will camping be available both Friday and Saturday? 

slim

I have no idea... but will be camping anyway!

Luna

That makes 2 of us then.  Slim when do you sleep....your email is timed at 200am...

Hoover

I'll plan to join you as well.

WY_Not

I'll be camping over on Saturday night with the three kids. Will be bringing some wood also. If anyone has a fire ring, would be useful. Otherwise we can just dig a small pit.

After shooting and being out all day in the weather, they'll be pooped. So, don't worry about them making too much racket. The adults on the other hand...  >:D  We were up late last year talking around the campfire.

Dress warm. There was a very light touch of frost on the ground last year when we woke up.

Looks like it is getting ready to be a repeat of last year with the cool temps, rain, and mud. hehehe

WY_Not
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

Gordon

Quote from: Luna on September 30, 2009, 08:30:13 PM
Looking forward to this weekend.  Will camping be available both Friday and Saturday? 

Since it's completely undeveloped land, not gate or anything, I'd assume it's totally OK to arrive Friday. I myself will be coming in early Sat.

Quote from: WY_Not on October 01, 2009, 11:41:39 AM
I'll be camping over on Saturday night with the three kids ...

... Looks like it is getting ready to be a repeat of last year with the cool temps, rain, and mud. hehehe ...

"hehehe" is right. That sand pit becomes a mud pit! But a repeat of last year would be fine wit me. It'll be great to see you again WY_.

-FM

too tall

Instructors and campers, I promise not to bring up the Monty Hall problem, or any other statistical discussion.

See you all this weekend! I'm looking forward to it.
formerly known as mouse

slim

Quote from: Luna on October 01, 2009, 08:07:26 AMThat makes 2 of us then.  Slim when do you sleep....your email is timed at 200am...
Come on, Luna, you know I sleep at least.... ah, well...... ah,..... you make a good point.

Quote from: WY_Not on October 01, 2009, 11:41:39 AMI'll be camping over on Saturday night with the three kids.
Looking forward to seeing you again Joe.

Quote from: too tall on October 01, 2009, 11:15:46 PM
Instructors and campers, I promise not to bring up the Monty Hall problem, or any other statistical discussion.
I can't make that promise - it's just too much fun! Especially when you level with me, too tall. "You're all idiots and I'm smart."

Can't wait to see what kind of quotes I can get in my little book this weekend!

Luna

I will see you guys tonight, I plan on arriving close to 900pm, maybe a little sooner.