News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spearfish Shoot Nov. 14-15

Started by TheCount, September 30, 2009, 12:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCount

Thanks to all of hookijac's hard work over the past couple of weeks, we are tentatively having a shoot at the Spearfish Gun Range, Nov. 14-15.

Yes, it could be cold, but still not half as bad as Larime is going to be in February.

Once we've got it on the schedule, let's promote this one hard folks!   I know we had some shooters that missed out on Custer for a variety of reasons.

Westcreek

The boisterous sea of liberty is never without a wave. Thomas jefferson 1820

Beulahtrash

As soon as there is a flyer I will start posting them around the black hills.
Just doing what I can with what I got. - Burt Gummer

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

TheCount

TheCount

Fliers are now available.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9883.0;attach=12737

Is that efficient or what?   Not even 24 hours since hookijac handed me the paper work!

colonial shooter

I'm impressed ;). Thats how I would like every shoot to be promoted here. Got to love that O0. Let me know if you need anything.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

TheCount

Quote from: colonial shooter on September 30, 2009, 09:51:44 PM
I'm impressed ;).

I'll be impressed if we can draw 15+... heck, I'm thinking even 10 would be an accomplishment...  of course I'm not going to complain if we sell the place out  :P

Westcreek

Just talked to a couple boys.. young men.. at Scheels about it, they wanted to come to the Custer shoot but couldn't get it scheduled. So they talked like they and maybe 2 others would be very interested in Spearfish.

All 4 of them have M1A1's plus 10/22's.
The boisterous sea of liberty is never without a wave. Thomas jefferson 1820

Beulahtrash

I have posted flyers at Spearfish and Rapid City wal-marts (Spearfish put the flyer right next to the customer hunting photo bulletin board). I also covered the local gunshops in Spearfish and Cabela's (only in the employee lounge  ::)) Scheels, first stop guns, Jack first guns, multiple pawn shops, and the Spearfish laundromat. I even got one put up in the Beulah bar.

Fred

Guys, the flip (good) side of LT (Low Turnout) Appleseeds? (Yes, there is a "good" side...)

It's the fact that there are so few fish in such a small barrel that you should be able to spear every one of them for the program.

Think of that.

Spear all - or most of 'em - get 'em signed up, because you've let Appleseed work its magic on them, and - bingo! - you've doubled, tripled - or even bettered - the number of AS volunteers you have.

That's gotta be good!

No way you want to miss the chance to do that.

With a good base of enthusiastic volunteers, the sky's the limit on future growth and progress...

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Beulahtrash

The flyer and registration sheet was delivered to every member of the Rapid City Rifle Club, a CMP affliated group, in their monthly newsletter. If people don't show it will NOT be for a lack of advertising.

TheCount

Quote from: Beulahtrash on October 21, 2009, 11:39:48 AM
The flyer and registration sheet was delivered to every member of the Rapid City Rifle Club, a CMP affliated group, in their monthly newsletter.

Thanks Beulah!   Appreciate your effort.   You think you'll be able to make it?   Don't you still need to make Rifleman?   ::)  ;D

Beulahtrash

I'll be there, Jared too. I've got to shoot at one of these (shot a 198) before I was conscripted. Maybe I can get some trigger time at this event.