News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

October Operation Ranch Hand II

Started by wildman, September 21, 2009, 04:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Over the last few years folks have come to me and ask how they can become more involved with the range at Ramseur. Operation Ranch Hand II will be an excellent opportunity to do just that in October. Don't worry we won't be using 2/4D. I'll be there for a week between the Appleseed and the Sgt Alvin York Field Shoot clearing brush for camp sites and other chores. That is the week of 19th thru 23rd of October. Anyone who wishes to do so may come up and help out. You don't have to come for the whole week and it won't be all work. There will be an chance to get in a little shooting, enjoy some fellowship, and have an all round good time.  Folks that come for a couple of days and help can shoot the Field Shoot on Saturday the 24th for free. So if your interested send me a PM so I can be expecting you. If you have the tools for brush clearing ie. saws, axes, shovels, or any thing else you can think of bring it.

Beat my AQT score and win one of Fred's Tee shirts. We might even make Fred buy the lunches. When Fred see this you won't hear him scream but I will.  **)

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

7.62BBQ

Count me in Wildman. I can help out a couple of the days, I have an axe and work gloves and a great attitude O0. I'll see if I can at least match your AQT score, I don't know about beating it. That 03A3 of yours has the right mojo, and a Rifleman behind it!

txpirate

If I'm still unemployed (strong possibility) I will help out a couple of the days. I don't have any tools to offer, but I'm young with a strong back.

wildman

Outstanding txpirate come in on Thursday you can pitch your tent help out and you'll shoot the Sgt Alvan York shoot for free.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

Count me in for a few days of work, I've been eyeballing a tree that needs to come down in the parking lot. Also there's that electrical work in the 500 yard container to do. Guys don't miss this chance to help out with the home range clean up, you'll be surprised at the knowledge Wildman can impart to you from a few hours on the range. Priceless!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

hawkeye

Don't make me go %#@#&% Ballistic on you! Sign up NOW! This work day will help all of us.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Bonden

I'm in.  Work days too.

Hawkeye, you're on hot standby for work on rifle 1.  I figure we can work something out either before Operation Ranch Hand II, or when I show up to work.

My backup/new M1 is in hand.  It will be 100% squared away, zeroed, with 800 dry fire rounds thru it by the time Operation Ranch Hand II starts.

(I may rope my sister from Oregon into a few days work.  She's a dairy owner. Pioneer woman.  Real hard worker.  A great cook on a campfire and one hell of a Rifle Woman.)

Bonden.

hawkeye

Sounds good to me, I just finished a Garand and it looks great I can't wait to get to the range to shoot this Garand the barrel is almost new. Dry fire is under rated as a training tool, It's cheap, can be done any were any time. See you at the Range or call me if you can't wait. Steve