News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shoot in Pittsburg KS

Started by AdamSelene, September 17, 2009, 05:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamSelene

TO all interested,

We are going to do an Appleseed on 7-8 NOV in Pittsburg KS.  I am not an instructor but I can get you the range and camping space.

So now I need instructors and participants.  Any takers?
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

Lomshek

We already have quite a few shooters wanting to sign up for this one. What all needs to happen to get this one on the schedule? AdamSelene has done all he can for a great Appleseed.

Lomshek
Bone Creek Gun Club president

ksuguy

I don't know if any of the instructors have communicated with Adam, but you might try sending them a PM.  Also, you might try asking in the Missouri or Oklahoma forums since you are close to the state lines. 

AdamSelene

Thanks for the chime in KSGuy.  Any instructors who want to work the event please let me know.

This should be an interesting one.  The Pittsburg State University Gun Club is very interested as are members of the local gun club (Bone Creek Gun Club).  At least 8 ROTC cadets have expressed an interest in shooting.  But I need the guys to run it.

KSGuy, can you see the MO and OK forum entries?  I only have Kansas.

-Adam
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

ksuguy

No, I can't.  You have to send a PM to the administrator and they can set you up with access to the other forums.  I'm not a big fan of the new board setup they have here.  It makes it really easy for people to miss stuff if they don't have their access set up correctly.   

AdamSelene

Yeah, I sent a PM to try to get access to MO, AR and OK.  Being in the corner of the state makes neat geographical boundaries hard.

-Adam

Lomshek

Quote from: ksuguy on October 06, 2009, 02:38:06 AM
I don't know if any of the instructors have communicated with Adam, but you might try sending them a PM.  Also, you might try asking in the Missouri or Oklahoma forums since you are close to the state lines. 

How do you get the contact info of instructors? All this double secret squirrel GS14 classified business makes it a lot slower going and guarantees we'll lose people who give up out of confusion. I've been trying to get an appleseed hosted for two years and have run into nothing but brick walls at the appleseed organization.

With all the info about how to wheedle a club into hosting an appleseed you would think when a proactive club president emails multiple persons in the organization he could at least get a response. If AdamSelene had not come along I'd have given up and just kept running new shooters on my own when I could with AQT targets. Frustrating does not describe it!

ksuguy

I only know the ones that have been at the events I've been to.  Try looking at one of the after action reports for one of the Kansas events, then send a PM to the instructors or shoot bosses posting in that thread.  Here are links to a few of them:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9651.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9534.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7874.0
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6724.0

There should also be email addresses and phone numbers on the event flyers on the schedule page.  I agree, the new forum organization isn't great.   I understand how they want to keep it all organized and cut down on the off topic posting, but in reality it just puts extra barriers in the way.