News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Out of state events & changes to access

Started by StoneDog, September 15, 2009, 06:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneDog

Hi everyone, this may not be the right place to ask but why do we only get access to our home state?

This spring the only weekend I could make a shoot was up in Manchester TN and having access to the TN forum was a huge help.

Am I breaking an unwritten AppleSeed rule by going out of state?  :-)

PS - I plan to attend Nov or Dec Toccoa shoot and will bring at least 3 others with me.
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

SamD

Nope not a rule breaker.
It's part of the site reorganization.  Need to build strong state organizations and I think it they want to make sure you are in firm with you home state first, part of the "team" so to speak.
I think if you were to send a PM to the Tn, SC he could set you up.

Sam

funfaler

Also, those who wish to participate in the program outside of their state, helping to promote, setup, and such, can do so on the WL1 boards:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8632.0

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Fred

Plus, when you take up the "Instructor" hat, I think you have access to all the state boards.

Remember, when you sign up to "work" on this "working site", you don't work for Fred, or funfaler, or RWVA, or even Appleseed.

You are working for your family, your country, your kids' (or your) future - and for those founders who earned, the hard way, that Liberty we all should appreciate more than we do.

Yes sir, this site is all about - you! :) :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

StoneDog

Quote from: Fred on September 16, 2009, 10:00:31 AM

Plus, when you take up the "Instructor" hat, I think you have access to all the state boards.

Remember, when you sign up to "work" on this "working site", you don't work for Fred, or funfaler, or RWVA, or even Appleseed.

You are working for your family, your country, your kids' (or your) future - and for those founders who earned, the hard way, that Liberty we all should appreciate more than we do.

Yes sir, this site is all about - you! :) :)

Well, I shot expert up at the Manchester, TN shoot this spring and would go instructor if I knew a little more about rifles and shooting.  For the time being I will bring as many new people to the Toccoa, GA shoot in November (or December) and try again to score expert, this time with my poodle shooter instead of my LTR.

"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

Fred

Stonedog, we don't need perfect instructors - only instructors who can shoot a rifleman score (if you can do it once, you can do it again - and soon will be doing it, anytime you want to...) and be able to tell others who can't do it, how it's done.

We are training volunteers to instruct their fellow Americans in how to shoot a rifle, while telling them the story of their heritage they need to hear.

Don't set your standards so high as to prevent you from 'joining in the Mission'.

You'll quickly, as an instructor, get all the 'polish' you need...

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Appalacious

And it'd be awesome if I could get a fellow Georgian to meet me in AL for the Instructor Boot Camp at the end of this month!!!!

Did I see you in Manchester?  I had an orange hat on.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

StoneDog

I was down on the end with my father-in-law, brother-in-law and son.  I'd like to attend an IBC, would like nothing more than that actually, but at the risk of incurring Fred's wrath there's not a snowball's chance in hades I can get away from work right now.

--Samuel Adams