News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KW Sniper School

Started by wildman, September 25, 2007, 11:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

OK riflemen the ballon is up you have to use what you have, too late for gear changes, come as you are.

I am not as good as I wanna be but better than I use to be and not as good as I'm gonna be.

See ya on the line
wildman
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

crashkid2k

I don't think Wildman's kidding about using what you have.

After thinking I would miss this event, I found out that there's a sliver of hope.  It sounds like a blast (no pun)!

Now that I might make it, I'm wondering how I should arm myself to maximize the learning (and the fun)...

91/30 Mosin-Nagant, the Savior of Stalingrad?
1898 Turkish Mauser, a very accurate "curio and relic" purchase?
M1, the "greatest battle implement"?

Let's all show up with whatever we have!

This is going to be FUN!!

crash
norfolk

Old Dog

What you take should depend on you reason for going.  Are you going to "play around" and have fun?  Or are you going to learn how to beter use your rifle of choice (and have fun)?

Personally, I'd take the M1.  Last year I took a couple of rifles and shot both (first trip out for M1 and first trip in over 20 years for the old Springfield).
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

crashkid2k

Yeah, you're right.  The strengths of the M1 are hard to ignore.

While I'd like to exercise the bolt-action Mosin-Nagant and Mauser, the M1 is more lefty-friendly and has better sights.

Combine that with affordable 30-06 ammo from CMP, and it's a done deal.

I really hope I can get there on Friday or early Saturday.  In fact, I should stop typing now and try to find my tent and sleeping bag.

crashkid2k

Work took my weekend away  :(

I hope you guys have fun; the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

Maybe next time!

crash