News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Suamico WI Sept. 12th and 13th 2009

Started by dragonfly, September 12, 2009, 05:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

O dark thirty(0356) and on our way up to Suamico WI. I can smell it in the air. its going to be another great Appleseed. See you all up there.

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colycat

Another great Appleseed in Wisconsin!  The weather was a little hot, but I am not complaining.  Once again, the BEST Of what America has to offer, were there to learn.   It was good to see some familiar faces from Shiocton and Bristol.  For some 2 is a charm, as the repeats scored Rifleman.  Good job guys and gals.  Real men and women every one of them.  We also a couple of over 200,s.  Next time, Right?

JoeZ was awesome as our Shoot Boss.  Well run shoot and boy did we put some lead down range **)  D-Fly, Trisha and our own state coordinator, Fe, did a fantastic job with the students. Well done everyone O0 O0

JoeZ,s 7th step was very powerful,  I think all the shooters got the point of the Appleseed Project, and this is quite an achievement.  Everyone there on Sat eve and especially Sunday, all looked like Riflemen to me.  We, as a nation are in good hands with these people.  All we need is more and more of them.

More to follow...............

Colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

jmark127

You guys(and Trisha) did a great job.  O0Thanks for all your efforts toward making us better riflemn. In spite of not making "rifleman", I learned a great deal and had a good time doing it. I'll be practicing and come to the next one ready for the patch.  :)

dragonfly

1 Riflegirl(Tami) 1Rifleboy(John) and 1Rifleman(Captain Karl) Congrats and job well done. Congrats to Capt. Karl for stepping up and excepting the orange hat. Thanks to all the shooter's who brought  a teachable attitude. Practice what you learned dryfire, dryfire. So many so close 204, 207 and a couple 209's. See you all on the trail soon.

Here are some pictures.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Some more pictures

K.I.S.S.

JoeZ

I want to thank the Nicolet  Rifle Club again for their generousity.
No range fee
  Shooting jackets to use for free
  Shooting mats also
  M1 Garands to use if you bought their ammo

I hope we get to hold many more shoots at this first class range.
If anyone lives around Green Bay this club is the one to join.

22 shooters from Wisconsin and Minnesota invested 33 shooter/days
9000+ rnds of ammunition (600+ for 2 days)
? gasoline and mileage and even a few hotels
5 instructors with 10 instructor/days
? hours instructors preparing and coordinator working
Quite an effort on everyone's part and I'm proud of us.

The nation receives  3 new riflemen
                            1 new orange hat
                            2 riflemen polishing skills
                            7 shooters in the 170 - 200 range.
                            Like Coly said, I think quit a few went home with a new or renewed attitude.

The weather was a  bit hot (Yes we consider 82 hot up here) and people wore out quicker than what I'm used to but nobody complained.

The turkeys were not afraid of us at all (I suppose they only came around after lunch) and that's fun to see.

For the shooters, look at your investment and be proud but don't squander it. You have new tools in your tool box now, use them. Practice and dry fire only help.

For the instructors, thank you all for the help and camraderie.

Russ, if you read this send me a PM as I did not get to talk to you about this. I know you were frustrated and I want help. Mike and Kevin were going to get together and shoot. One's a rifleman and the other was in the 190's and they can help too. Let's make a mini Appleseed out of a Saturday afternoon. I'm more than happy to help people out.

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Domingo

I would like to thank all the instructors and the Nicolet Rifle Club for hosting this event.

There was top notch instruction to be had from the Appleseed folks there along with a very nice range. I can say that spending my weekend shooting with all the folks there was a very rewarding experience. I can also say that I enjoyed very much the history lessons that were shared with us by the instructors there, especially Colycat's one about honoring the "drunkard". It certainly makes me want to learn more about those courageous folk that so bravely stood up to tyranny in a time so far removed from my own.

So once again I would like to give my sincere thanks to all involved with this shoot and I hope to see you folks again down the road.

Kevin T.
"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

dragonfly

More pictures:

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

What a beautiful weekend to have an Appleseed! The range was wonderful and very accomodating, so thank you Nicolet Rifle Range.

Every single shooter at this event did a great job, and a bunch were able to make it to both hot and humid days, you all are Riflemen at heart even if you haven't scored it yet. Keep it up everyone and that score will reflect all the hard work you all went through this past weekend. Don't forget to dryfire!

Congratulations to the three who did score Rifleman. I had the chance to work a lot with both brother and sister who scored Riflemen, John(12) and Tami(15). Tami don't forget if you want to start instructing, please PM JoeZ and he will help you get that set up. John and Tami keep at the shooting and you will blow everyone away at your 4H competition, just don't forget to tell everyone where you were able to learn to shoot so well... ;D

Karl congrats on your Rifleman score, and welcome to the instructor ranks, we need some more good IITs in WI.

FePowered it was great to finally work with you, and I hope we have no hard feelings when I booted you away from working with your wife and daughter!  **) Kelly and Bryschell, it was a pleasure working with you and I do hope to see you both again at another Appleseed.

Karen, or should I say Alice, Mildred, or whatever name your sister, Charlene kept calling you, and Charlene I really enjoyed working with both of you, I hope to see you both again at another Appleseed too. You two were so close, around 207 for both of you I believe. Even though your husbands refused to go with you, you still came and shot very well, well once we figured out that your scope needed to be tightened(Karen). Keep it up and I hope you two will continue to 'seed.

To everyone else that I haven't mentioned, I know I enjoyed working with everyone there and I hope you all will continue 'seed'n. You all improved a lot!

JoeZ you did a wonderful job SBing your first event and I will continue to attend ASs where you're the SB. Coly, and D-fly it is always great working with you both. Fe, like I said earlier it was a pleasure to finally get the chance to really meet and work with WI's state coordinator. Can't wait to see you all again at another 'Seed!