News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eureka, Ks. Sept. 12-13

Started by Dad, September 14, 2009, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dad

Eureka held its second Appleseed. 4 shooters, 3 who had attended previous shoots.

Congratulations to Ben for (easily) shooting a Rifleman score on his first attempt. We owe Ben a big thanks. He set up the shoot, found the range, got lots of backer material donated, lined up the port-a-pots. We just show up and shoot. Thanks, Ben!

Our new-to-Appleseed student came for only Saturday. Ken shot a 213 on his last AQT.

We also had 2 very dedicated young shooters who were a treat to be around. Thanks for coming Jonah and Robert.

ksuguy

Thanks for putting it on.  I still haven't shot my rifleman score, but I did get a new personal best.   I also finally found a good sitting position that works for me and I did a lot better on that stage than I had in the past.

The ][rishman

KSUGUY  Keep up the Dry Practice.  A Rifleman always persists.  Your finger will catch up with your heart!  I hope to see you soon!

Paul
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

The ][rishman

Here is a pic of Kansas' newest Riflemen.  Congratulations Ben and Ken.
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

Wow! What a great weekend....NICE weather, had a 10 minute shower, but the temp. was acceptable and the wind was under 30mph (great shooting weather for Kansas!).

BIG THANKS to Dad, Hot Brass and The ][rishman for running a great shoot! Everyone made progress, even I qualified...only took 3 AS to do it. My excuse was I had 40 years of bad habits to break...
now I have no more excuses! The Appleseed instructors are great...don't think I could have made it without them.

Really enjoyed the youngsters, Robert and Jonah. Their youthful enthusiasm helped perk up the "old guys"....I think they would have stayed there until dark to shoot, if their parents hadn't made them go home! Hope to see you all again soon.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10