News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Red Bluff AAR Sept 4-5, 2009

Started by eaglescouter, September 11, 2009, 01:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglescouter

The first Red Bluff Appleseed had a great group of shooters.  Saturday was one couple, three dads and their kids. Ended up with 5 kids age roughly 10-15. All from the same church.

Saturday:  10
Sunday:      4

One dad (Brendan) had been to an Appleseed previously and he was able to earn his Rifleman on Saturday. He had a great attitude, and an orange hat is waiting for him. The other two dads were on the track, and showed substantial progress by Saturday afternoon, so very close, but not quite 210 yet.

The kids were an awesome bunch....very attentive, no whining or goofing off. No safety problems either.  Oh yeah did i mention that the other two dads and most of the kids had never shot before.....

The couple was from San Jose. they are knocking on the door to Rifleman. He scored a 207 and she scored a 193.  A bit more practice and another Appleseed and they will get it.

Sunday our San Jose shooters returned and one Boy Scout and his mom arrived late Sunday, V put the new arrivals through a crash course to catch up.

Towards the end of the day Sunday the Scout brought out his grandfathers rifle. When he got slung up and fired that first shot (30.06) the look on his face was priceless, somewhere between "woah what happened" and "wow that was fun". But after the second shot it made him grin like a kid at Christmas!   Mom made significant progress as demonstrated by her group size shrinking progressively through the afternoon.

Nukechaser, from the Sac shoot was our Line Boss on Saturday afternoon.
NorCal22Gal was the Line Boss on Sunday.   
BaldDragon did a new NPOA volley drill that was very well received.

My thanks to:
V for his limitless patience and superior teaching skills.
BaldDragon for being the perfect instructor and for stepping up to be the event photographer.
NukeChaser for breaking way from his family events to help out at a brand new facility.
NorCal22Gal for the countless irksome tasks you took care of that caused the event to be a success, and helped me do a better job. 
Tehama Shooters Association for granting us the opportunity to use their terrific facility as we grow Appleseed into Northern California.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

BaldDragn

Here's the pics.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

NorCal22Gal

Great time with the shooters. The kids were great and the adults were too.

Congrats to Brendan on his rifleman....The rest of you keep practicing and you be there.

Good food and good company Saturday night.

Oh yeah can't forget the huge dust devil that decided it liked the papers on the table in the building!!!! The blank unsigned ones...

The expression on Walker's face when he shot his grandfathers rifle. priceless. 

Things like that are what complete appleseed......

Can't wait to see what happens in December...

V, BaldDragn Nukechaser, EagleScouter, wonderful work all of you.

NorCal22Gal

Centinel

I thought I'd post re: our first Appleseed. We came out from San Jose and truly enjoyed the event. What a great way to spend a weekend with my fiancĂ©e. Learned much! The instructors did a great job! I really enjoyed the "history breaks." 

Thanks to Tehama Shooters Association for the use of the great range. 

Thanks to V, BaldDragn, NorCal22Gal, Nukechaser, EagleScouter for the great instruction.

Centinel

NorCal22Gal

You guys were great.  Glad you enjoyed your weekend. 

Don't forget we have another Red Bluff event in December...hope to see you there ;)

NorCal22Gal