News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

UP Coming WW2 Sniper Course

Started by wildman, September 09, 2009, 09:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

September 26th is the Annual WW2 Sniper Course. Shoot starts at 9:00 am sharp on Saturday.

Range will open for camping on the afternoon Friday the 25th. Check out is Sunday AM. If you intend to camp at the range send me a PM.

Targets are set at 200, 300, and 400 yards. Range is open to all rifles 8mm or less scoped and unscoped however to meet the WW2 course standard a shooter MUST shoot iron sights.  The rifle does not have to be of WW2 vintage. M1As, AR15s, any military rifle of any nationality is OK.

The range fee is 45.00 military shoot free also youths under 18 accompanied by paying adult also shoots free. Scoring for this shoot will not count towards Morgan's Crew qualification.

The skill level required for this course is intermediate to advanced. If you have shot a rifleman score or close to it at an Appleseed you will be fine. This course is not designed for novice shooters. If this is your first trip to our range you maybe ask to demonstrate your shooting ability to range personnel.  There is an absolute requirement that all round fired be kept in the impact areas.

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Nevada Smith

Problems worthy
of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.
--Piet Hein

wildman

Everything on the "Home Range Events Forum" takes place at the RWVA Range in Ramseur NC.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

Can,t wait until the 26th I have my favorite smoke pole ready for the pop ups. I will be more focused for this one and give wildman and Kevin a run for their money.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Koma

Wildman, Hawkeye scope or no scope, I'll bring both.

hawkeye

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

hawkeye

Wow 100th post I didn't know I could talk that much. I guess it's like cell phone minutes just adds up. Cool!

wildman

To qualify you must use an un-scoped rifle. If choose to shoot a scoped rifle you may shoot the COF but it will not qualify should the score warrant and in addition we will talk about you behind your back.

Panama

I wish I could shoot in this. It sounds like fun. I have already signed up to IIT the Appleseed in Gibsonburg that weekend. At least I will get some time on the 500 yard range.  :~

Everyone have a good time.
NRA certified Instructor
US Army Veteran

Old Dog

Can't let you local guys have all the fun.  I'm planning on showing up with at least one other shooter and hopefully two more (total of three if all make the trip).

Hey, no scopes??  What about my 03A4?  I saw one in Saving Private Ryan.  Though I don't shoot mine left handed and I don't have one of those big long target scopes on it.

See you bright and early.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

wildman

I think we have a problem with the word sniper. Perhaps next year we will change the name and drop sniper. Maybe we will call it the WW2 marksmanship course.

A little history may help. Several years ago we realized it was difficult if not impossible to set targets for both scopes and iron sights at the same time. Set the targets for scopes and the iron sight shooters can't even see'em much less shoot'em. Set the targets for iron sights and they are too easy for scoped rifles. So it was decided to split it up WW2 sniper course for iron and KWSC for scopes. The problem is if you put the word sniper in the title everyone thinks of scopes. If we continue the Morgans Crew exercise next year we may just drop the WW2 COF since they are similar. The Morgans Crew COF is the tougher of the two. We have until February when the new schedule comes out to decide. 

I want to maintain the Field Shooting primarily for iron sights and not become a gear race. We proved last year scoped rifles and an operator with his head space and timing correctly adjusted will have a first hit probability greater than 90%. Its no fun when you hit everything. 

marrandy

deleted post - it was already answered (I responded whilst reading down the thread, instead of waiting till I had read all the way down).  I can't delete my posts, just modify.

The Kid

I will be there.  On the press trying to get some 30-06 ready.  See you bright and early.
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

7.62BBQ

Count me in Wildman.

Hey Hawkeye, you better bring your 'A game'! I am going to de-link some of my '93 Nato Port., it's the freshest surplus I have.

Txpirate and I shot on the KD range after you guys left on Sunday. We were smacking the 400 yard torso gong over and over and over... I thought the tracer ammo I brought had gone bad(duds). Boy did I get a surprise. Pretty cool watching the tracers zing that gong!

It will be good to have some range time next weekend!

wildman

Unauthorized use of tracers HUH. I'll have to talk to the range officer about that.

That gong ain't no big deal you can see it! Hittin' targets you can't see, now that's a big deal.

7.62BBQ

I know the rules, NO tracers @&)! I brought them because I thought they were duds. I only had 20 rounds and I made sure they all hit that 400 yard gong. Promise it won't happen again, scouts honor.

JohnnyReb

Thanks Wildman for another great shoot!

PS,

After I replied to the state pm thingie I see I am now able to post again!  ++)
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Koma

To Wildman and everybody that helped set up and take down as well as all participants, thanks for a goog safe shoot