News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chillicothe 9/09!!!!!

Started by Garand69, September 08, 2009, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

As I said in my first post, This was the best shoot I have been to yet!

The Reason can be summed up with one word........FAMILY!

The attendees consisted of a Grand-Father, 3 Grand-Daughters, 3 Sons, a Husband & Wife and even a Sister-in-Law!! Of course that isn't all the Family, The Instructor Team may as well be considered Family as well.

While our quantity was low, quality was very high, and that is what counts. When the weekend was over, all but three were Rifleman. While three had already earned their Rifleman Patch, the 4 new Rifleman were very pleased with their achievement.

The shooters received some excellent one on one instruction, and they all improved. Previous Rifle[Wo]man, Patriot Gal continued to work on her fundamentals and backed up her previous Rifleman score. Previous Rifleman Wetfoot worked on using iron sights to back up his Rifleman score achieved while using a scope. And new Appleseeders worked hard to score better and better nearly every target. This netted 4 more Rifleman as stated earlier, and drastically improved the score of the two who didn't hit Rifleman Scores, my two youngest sons, M1 (age 9) and M2 (age 5).

While the standard Appleseed stuff was playing out, there was some other items that put this Shoot over the top. CAMPING!!

When you get the chance to camp at an Appleseed, don't pass it up! While the first night was dampened with rain, Sunday Night was insanely fun. It all started when some Ottawa Instructors invaded Chillicothe Sportsman's Club. These troublesome interlopers brought with them a guest that they were unaware of.......Ole' Sluefoot!!!

What started out as a simple everyday Snipe hunt put the entire camp into peril, as you will soon see.

It all started when EEL asked if anyone wanted to go on a Snipe hunt. It took M1 approx. 2.1 seconds to jump up and say I DO!!! So the search for a proper beater stick and sack began. This went on for a good twenty minutes or so when I believe M1 asked what a snipe looks like. Well that's simple enough, they are about so high and their eyes flash, which of course makes them real easy to spot at night.

Well, with the full moon rising in the background, a flash of light from the bushes near the railroad tracks appeared!! It took a few more flashes before we were convinced it was actually a snipe, after all it could have been just some goofy instructor with a flashlight, or even a train. ++)

So M1 and Deacon went to go catch that snipe, and just about when they were getting close, the bushes start moving and something started growling! This was followed quickly with Deacon yelling THAT'S NOT A SNIPE!!! And then the both of them high tailing it back to camp. M1 was shaking from head to toe and M2's eyes were the size of pie plates. I believe it was then that The Guy grabbed a suitable pig sticker and went out to slay whatever it was in them thar bushes!

Soon a battle was waged and the noises of the fight were heard all they way back in camp, still there was a fierce growling followed by the shouts of The Guy. Soon M1 realized that The Guy needed some help. Armed with a sharp stick and assisted by Deacon, they bravely headed off towards the sounds of battle!

It was at this time, a fierce growling was heard just behind camp...... we were surrounded! M2 made the split second decision to secure the guns and gear by bee lining for the suburban and closing two doors almost simultaneously, which is quite a feat when your only 3ft tall! And armed with only a spork, he was ready to defend the guns and gear until the threat passed!

At this point, I felt I had to do something, The Guy, Deacon and M1 had now worked Ole' Sluefoot down the tree line and they were way too close to camp. I made my way over to the tree line and finally saw that nasty Ole' Sluefoot, at last we meet again. This time, Pappy's old dog Ginger wasn't here to back me up, but I had the edge, Sluefoots back was towards me.

Soooo, I made the rush into the bush, Ole' Slufoot was busy fighting off advances from The Guy, Deacon and M1 so he was totally taken of guard by my bum rushing him. He didn't take any chances and he took off so fast, you could barely see him. But I know M1 seen him, he was almost as pale as Deacon from the frightful sight!!!

Where the second one went we will never know, and the camp was semi-peaceful the remainder of the night.

**) **) **)

Here are some pics, hope you all enjoy!

M1 & M2 getting ready to take out some Redcoats!!

Castle Mountain & Patriot Gal

NPOA Shift!!!

That's more like it!!

A Family of Rifleman!!

A Proud Rifleman

Bobapunk Building the Prone Position

Deacon bealting out History

M2 having too much fun

5 minutes prior to this pic The Guy was heard saying....Wetfoot if you shine that light in my eyes one moe time...

Deacon slackin around the campfire

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Deacon

Garand,

You certainly have a way with the written word! **)

The Guy

Yet still no pic's of the ever elusive Ol' Slewfoot!! >:D

LOL!!!

Good shoot, good camping, good time beating Wetfoot.....LOL!!

AFTERMATH

Note to self*
-If ever I find myself on the south side of the Wisconsin boarder, and venture into the 'unknown(at least to Minnesotans) land of IllinoiSucks';  bring Mosin with bayonet fixed.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Garand69

Quote from: AFTERMATH on September 14, 2009, 10:28:43 PM
Note to self*
-If ever I find myself on the south side of the Wisconsin boarder, and venture into the 'unknown(at least to Minnesotans) land of IllinoiSucks';  bring Mosin with bayonet fixed.

**) **) **)
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

CarrieB

I'm wondering, is it possible that that beautiful little 9yo is our youngest Rifleman so far?
Or if not overall Rifleman, perhaps our youngest Riflewoman so far?
Either of those would be a really cool honor.
You do not know and will never know who the Remnant are, or where they are, or how many of them there are, or what they are doing or will do. Two things you know, and no more: first, that they exist; second, that they will find you.
~ Albert Jay Nock

AFTERMATH

I have yet to meet a younger Riflekid.
It would be quite the honor.
The youth of Appleseed give me pride in our cause, and hope for the future.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Nickle

Quote from: AFTERMATH on September 16, 2009, 04:25:17 PM

We have several of them that are IIT's.

I know of 2 brothers, one is 13, the other 11, both IIT's, as is Mom, and Dad is a Red Hat.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Garand69

Quote from: Nickle on September 16, 2009, 04:44:12 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on September 16, 2009, 04:25:17 PM

We have several of them that are IIT's.

I know of 2 brothers, one is 13, the other 11, both IIT's, as is Mom, and Dad is a Red Hat.

That is the truly amazing thing about Appleseed. You think you may have set a record and you find out you were beaten out a week before!

That of course does not take anything from Mini, she is a great shot, and will only get better, but when you have the amount of great kids going through the program we do, you are bound to find some Rifleman!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz