News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento CA Sept 12/13 2009 IBC AAR

Started by BaldDragn, September 14, 2009, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

It was a pleasure to have a house full of Riflemen for the weekend. The living room became the class room for two days as our Riflemen learned the finer point of being instructors. James E. and I had the chance to get our feet wet teaching the IBC with DragonWood carrying the main load.

Our participants came from as far away as Slovakia, our MI, DragonWood from Tennessee/New York, also from as far south as Lemoore CA, the Bay Area to the west, and as far north as Redding. The great state of Nevada was also well represented. And while the North West part of Nevada will always keep their own identity we are happy to work together as one region.

I was once again reminded of how much effort has been put into the instruction we provide at Appleseeds, and how finely tuned it is.

But the hardest part of the weekend was seeing everybody drive away on Sunday and going out to lock the gates. Next year we will need to do an RBC so we can have more time to spend with our 'Seeders.

Luckily I have a few pics to document our weekend.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

polygunner

Looks like you all had a great time. I was on range 9 getting two new appleseeders ready for the October shoot and saw all of you out in the back yard on the way out. Thought about stopping by but didn't want to interupt the lesson.
I've been told by more than a few instructors that shooting is fun but nowhere near as fun as helping a new shooter and seeing improvment due to your instruction.
Well, I now see what you guys are talking about. I saw major improvment in one of the shooters I was helping and actually saw the light go on in his head as he "got it".
If there is a RBC in Sac. I'll be there for sure.
You guys are an asset to our country!
See you in Oct. if not sooner. O0
Mike

NorCal22Gal

RBC??? SAC????  I'm there!!!!!!

Had a wonderful time. Met new people, saw familiar faces.  Learned bunches and bunches. 

The training we got this weekend makes me feel a bit more confident when i'm asked to do something. I took alot away from this. Not just the instructor training, but the fellowship that appleseeders have. Didn't matter that some of us had never met before, we just fell into conversations as if we were long time friends. 

Put all that together with the great hospitality of BaldDragn and Jules (don't forget the awesome stew ;D....)at the Dragon's Lair and it makes for an event that is practically perfect in every way! ;)

See you guys in Oct.

NorCal22Gal

LayloPro

All Right, SAC!! O0 <:) O0

Get that IBC done!! <:)

I see some very familiar faces there, & am -very- happy to see that our two guys from NoNeva were also there......Great job, Arashi, & Nev Smith!

Let's see, when's the next shoot in No Neva?

This is gonna be a big improvement, I tell ya......and BD & Jules stepping up big time the way they are is an awesome thing too......

I do believe it's called "leading by example"...... O0 ;)

Hope you guys enjoyed the A/C @ Rod's place, the folks @ Piru had their usual dosage of dust, wind, & more dirt........gives 'em that "GI in the field" kinda look & feel......but they are some tough guys & gals!! :~ :~ :~ :~ <:)

Great job, Cali!! Gittin' 'er dun!!! @)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Chris_H

I really learned a lot at this IBC!

I think James E. described it as "drinking from a firehose x 4"!!

It was great to see familiar faces and to meet new ones; it felt like a family reunion even though many of us had never met before.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to such a great weekend!

Chris

Nevada Smith

Fire hose? More like a water cannon!

Thanks especially to BaldDragn and Jules for their hospitality.

Problems worthy
of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.
--Piet Hein

Nevada Smith

More:
Problems worthy
of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.
--Piet Hein

NorCal22Gal

Great photos every one.  Hey Nevada Smith.......there's something...(errr some one...)missing from your group shot.....

Where are you?

NorCal22Gal

LayloPro

Yeah, my eyes are bad too.....another of our NoNeva IIT's was there, front & center, & I didn't even see him! :-[ :-\
Chris Hodges made it as well!! Good job Chris, look forward to working with the 3 of you pretty soon here..... @@) O0

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Roos5150

Wow!!! Looks like you all had fun and learned more than you could cram into 4 Appleseed's.  I am sorry I missed it, I really wanted to be there, but family came first this weekend.  My grandmother went into the hospital early sat. Morning, so I spent the weekend with her.  Good news is she came home tonight, but still needs to be looked in on daily till things get back to normal.  I do want to apologies to all of you for the missing pieces of the menu, but i can tell you the corn was exquisite.  Well hopefully I will get a chance to attend another IBC or even and RBC, but until then I will see you in OCT. out at the range.

Roos5150

LayloPro

Jules

Ok, there should have been a spew alert on the last comment.

The Sac IBC was a wonderful experience. I am so grateful to the women who show up for these events, as if not for Savage Shooter, I might have become very discouraged at my first Appleseed. Thank you to Dragonwood for coming across the US to teach a housefull of dedicated Appleseeders. I appreciate all the instruction I received in the jam- packed weekend. Also NorCal 22 gal for setting an example that I hope to achieve as I continue to put one foot in front of the other on this ominous learning curve.

To James E and BD: awesome job. Thank you for your patience and affirmation.

Ryan,thank you for all the history that I tried to soak up during the weekend. Oh, and by the way,  you are officially Titanium Spork Guy now.

To all my fellow instructors: we did an excellent job not bashing into each other in the kitchen or the house during drill rotations. Thank you to all who cooked, brought food, brought the Nutter Butters, and Reese's. I met some new friends who traveled a long way to get to our IBC. They are now family. That's why we are here.

love Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

DragonWood

Well, I made it home to TN after having to take 3 plane trips to do so. Slept most of the way as I was exhausted.

What can I say except that you guys are awesome!!

Thank you again to all who attended for all your hard work and dedication! It really was my pleasure to be there amongst other great appleseed instructors. As I said at the end, you all inspire me more than you will ever know!!

Thanks to James E and BD for stepping up to the plate on a very short notice to take on the instruction at the IBC. Thanks as well to Ryan for helping with the group instruction. It certainly made it easier for me to rove around and check on everyone during the positions, SHF's, etc....

The food was amazing espcially that chocolate cake!! The nutter butters were just necessary for survival! And did I mention the breakfast?!! Biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs and freshly brewed coffee. Sorry JB but you really did lose the coin toss on this one!

Day one went as planned and I saw lots of improvement from the prone position to standing position when going over the SHF's. TPI? Isn't that a great thing?!!! Really does help you out when you get lost.
Day two was  challenging espcially with the line error cards. The IBC attendees did what they had to do and figured out what the problem was, helping them learn the art of engagement. JamesE, BD, Ryan and I learned it hurts to do anything the wrong way.

Was great to see some familar faces along with meeting new ones! Keep up the great work everyone! Again, my thanks to all of you!

Great pictures!!

DW
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

LayloPro

Ok, there should have been a spew alert on the last comment.

Heh!!  >:D I love coffee drinkers........ **) **) **) **)  :))   @)

DW, glad you survived & thrived during another Cali event.......heck, you're one of our "regulars" here, from the very first one in Corona, to now.....Thanks so much for your help!!! O0 <:) O0

And, you got a chance to tickle the beginnings of the North Nevada group........how cool is that??!!?? O0 O0 O0

I cannot verbally express how happy I am with the progress we are making out here.....as well as express thanks for the folks who come from out of state to "lend a hand"......so that we can return the favor..... @)

Is this awesome or what??   :))

Bob210 actually has a great way of saying it, when on the range during an AS......."Can you believe we get to do this?"

Onward, folks!!

LLP