News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Grand Island, NE Sept 5-6

Started by Nishnabotna, September 06, 2009, 10:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nishnabotna

A beautiful weekend for the first ever Nebraska Appleseed, hosted @ Heartland Public Shooting Park.  Iowa Alex and DanBen1775 were red hats.  We had 14 attendees and made 5 new Riflemen, with at least 4 of them committing (very firmly) to orange hats which makes the start of our very own cadre of instructors.

funfaler

Great News! 

Good work for the Corn Huskers  O0

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

SavageShootr

The new IIT's can get their start next weekend in Broken Bow.  O0

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Nishnabotna

Quote from: SavageShootr on September 07, 2009, 03:18:12 AM

Yes, they're going to try to make it but it was a little short notice for them.  They'd really like to though and will make the effort.

SavageShootr

Quote from: Nishnabotna on September 07, 2009, 08:55:31 AM
Quote from: SavageShootr on September 07, 2009, 03:18:12 AM

Yes, they're going to try to make it but it was a little short notice for them.  They'd really like to though and will make the effort.

Hopefully they can make it.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Alex

This was another great Appleseed. I hope that this weekend's Appleseed has as good of weather, facilities, and participants as we had at Grand Island. Sunshine Dale did a great job this weekend, and he is well on his way to being a Red Hat. It was a pleasure working with Ben again. It is always nice to have another Shoot Boss to confer with. It was wonderful to get four IITs and five Rifleman out of the first shoot in Nebraska Appleseed. This is a great sign of things to come. Everyone had a great attitude, and took to the instruction very well. Those who did not make Rifleman showed a great deal of improvement.
Everyone left happy and had a great time. Even when one of the dangerous old men we had on the line had to leave early because of his health, he said that he had a great weekend and was glad he came out. I am glad he and all of our other attendees came and and made the first Appleseed in Nebraska a great one.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

ben1775

This was a great shoot! Man those corn huskers know what they are about! 5 Riflemen of 16 is awesome. Glad everyone could come out and it was good to work with Sunshine Dale and Alex, both assets to the program. The program in NE is poised to really take off with the addition of 4 IITs. The future is a little brighter today.

Ben

crak

Hey IITs:  It was short notice for me too! 

You can do it!   :~
Check your drama at the door.

jwine

Hello everyone,
My name is Jake and my family (Jack, Johnson, and Hannah) earned our orange hats last weekend in Grand Island.  Thanks to the fantastic training of Ben, Alex, and Matt.  We really enjoyed it, and are preparing to go to Broken Bow tomorrow to assist and learn in anyway we can.  We enjoyed the fellowship of everyone at the Appleseed, including Johnny, Ember, Rich, Jamie, Crystal, Rick, Mini14 guy, Rick, M-14 Match Rifle shooter guy, Matt, and Barbara.  I can't wait to see all of you again.  I hope to bring several people to one or more appleseeds.  I hope to help Appleseed in anyway I can.
Thank you.

Jake

crak

Excellent news, Jake!

Make sure you guys bring your IIT1 PC filled out (if not I'll have it with me) and a stopwatch.

Check your drama at the door.