News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Now is the time....

Started by wildman, September 21, 2007, 09:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Now is the time to start planning to attend the UN Shoot on October 20th.

Shooting at black dots is fine and has its place in the riflemans schedule. Field shooting however is the real test of skill. Its is my belief that every rifleman and aspireing rifleman should make the trip to the Ramseur Range when ever he can to develope thoes all important field shooting skills. I know it takes a big comittment for thoes of you who may have a long drive but its worth it. We will do what ever we can to filcilate your coming. Camping at the range is no problem just send me a PM and we can make it happen.

If you are planning to attend please send me a PM and give me a heads up it really helps me to have some idea of how many shooters are planning to come.

After the October event the next field event is the Korean War Sniper Course in December. We haven't set the schedule for 08 as of yet. The first field shoot of 08 will probably be in the spring a long time off. 

Hope to see you October.

Wildman
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

30CalGal

This is probably a dumb question, but could you elaborate on the UN shoot? What does it entail? What firearm to bring and how much ammo?
Thanks ahead of time for your indulgence.

wildman

No problem you might want to check out my blog and if you have any questions  I will be glad to answer them.

http://riflemanswonderland.blogspot.com/

I am glad you ask.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Koma

Count me in and Wildman if you need a hand that mourning setting up early let me know. I can't come the night before on this one but hopefully the next.

Fred

December 8 is the date of the KW US Army Sniper School?

Heck, it'll prob be all warm and nice, weather-wise... ;D

But, don't know any other place in the US where you can travel back in a time machine to Feb, 1952, and learn how to be a sniper in the Korean War.

It's an interesting contrast to the WW2 US Army Sniper School held annually in September at RWVA...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Atlas Shrug

Quote from: Fred on September 24, 2007, 05:39:11 AM

December 8 is the date of the KW US Army Sniper School?

Grumble grumble....   I have this on my calendar for Dec 15 for some reason.  Did it go from TBD to 12/15 to 12/8, or did I just blow it?

Wildman, please do confirm the date.
  I'm scheduling some things right now and just set up something on 12/8 because I wanted to leave 12/15 open for the KW event.

wildman

Well AS if you show up on the 15th you will be one week late.

The KW Sniper School is the 8th of December no kidding!

Atlas Shrug

Quote from: wildman on September 24, 2007, 11:02:27 PM
Well AS if you show up on the 15th you will be one week late.

The KW Sniper School is the 8th of December no kidding!

Thanks for the confirmation, Wildman.  I'll see if I can adjust my schedule.

wildman

Everything is legal .32 cal or lower. No 50s no full autos. I will be using some "special equipment" myself.

You will find that 5.56 may lose you some points sometimes they go right trough the target without bring it down. Please lets not get a 5.56 vs 30 debate going I have just seen it happen many times.

If you are shooting iron sights, this course can be shot with iron and successfully if your good, you will find binos very helpful.

Mid December the days are short so we will start the sniper course as soon as the targets are ready but not before 9AM.