News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hernando Sportsmens Club Gunshow, August 15-16

Started by ItsanSKS, August 16, 2009, 06:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Hernando Sportsmens Club hosted a gunshow at the Hernando County Fairgrounds, and was kind enough to provide a table for Appleseed at a reduced rate.  Big thank you's to Diane, Tammy, Randy and all the other HSC staff who made this event possible. 

Another big thank you to fellow Appleseeder "Panhead" for showing up and helping out, sure made working the table a lot easier, and gave me time to capitalize on a few deals, too!

Alot of interest in our program, mostly from families; they drawn in by the prospect of a rifle marksmanship course, free to women and children.  Many families were excited to hear about the history & heritage aspect, and said that they would come, even if only for the stories.

Folks, if you have a gun show coming up near you, and would like to help run a table, contact me with details (where, when, and whom to contact about a table) and I'll assist in any way I can.  We aren't going to get any better exposure!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

panhead

you betcha bro,

i had a good time and learned a bit about human nature, i have a new respect for salemen.

i think we found the people who would complain if hung with a new rope  **)

but we also had folks wondering what took us so long to get the word to them locally...

hopefully they will help spread the word that the program is alive and well in west central/northern florida.

i talked to the exec club officers one more time before i left, i don't know if i filled you in. it was just more positive vibes on the AS program and the AS reps they have encountered. i think i can help build Hernando into a solid operating base  ;D

it's all good, and the wife is supporting us 100%   :D ;D :)
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

ponger

They let some strange characters in these gun shows  :))

ItsanSKS

Oh NO!  a PICTURE!  IN A GUN SHOW!!!  I thought that meant certain death to anyone who dared try such a thing...  Lucky your camera survived the ordeal...
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ponger

There were a fair share of folks telling me so, and as
many who said nothing but gave me the evil eye.  >:(

panhead

wow,

I wonder what those two jokers were trying to sell  :o

scary...

MAN ponger, I never thought of it from your angle. That is a sad sign of the times. Naturally, I recorded your tag # and VIN as any good subject would do   :'(

But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

douglas34474

We have a show this weekend in Crystal River at the Armory. I'm going to meet the guys that host the shows. Going to see what we might get into. May be able to work a table out of the deal. ;)