News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Good historical reads

Started by SamD, August 13, 2009, 11:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

Found another good one: Lexington and Concord: The Battle Heard Round the World by George c. Daughan.
https://www.amazon.com/Lexington-Concord-Battle-Heard-Round/dp/0393245748?hvadid=78202819156976&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=lexington+and+concord&qid=1539041762&s=Books&sr=1-1&tag=mh0b-20&ref=sr_1_1

A great telling of our story with impressive detail.  Newly released in April of this year.  Very Readable and enjoyable. 

The Wolfhound

I have received permission for Appleseed to use the great maps in this book.  Stand by for a forum link to the TIFs.

hotairbill

Great list of sources of Revolutionary War knowledge and information.
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

Earl

Watching FOXNation.com, Tucker Carlson in conversation with Ned Ryun, who had just written a book. The Adversaries, and it was recommended that Nick Bunker in Empire on the Edge. I began to wonder why Ned Ryun wrote his book and realized the conversation was by men that don't teach History and only one of them knew about the Three Strikes of the match.  And I learned about Ned Ryun's father, who was closer to my age than theirs. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

bravhrt

Here's a worthwhile addition to any Appleseed/Liberty library: Daniel Morgan: Revolutionary Rifleman by Don Higginbotham

https://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Morgan-Revolutionary-Published-University/dp/0807813869/
I tell you true, liberty is the best of all things. Never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. ~ William Wallace

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. ~ Wyatt Earp

Let us drop talking and get on with our work. ~ Michael Collins

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
Pistoleerâ„¢ - 10.17.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range
KD Rifleman & Morgan's Shingle - 10.02.22 @ Ben Lomond GC