News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need Help in Kentucky for a grand opportunity

Started by funfaler, August 07, 2009, 02:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

There will be a big "Tea Party" in Louisville, KY on September 5th, 2009.   This is a stop on a 'National Tea Party' tour, en route to D.C. for the big Sept 11-12th Tea Party.

Ron Paul and Rand Paul (running for US Senate in KY) will be there, so this promises to be a large draw.   Several thousand people can be anticipated to be there.   This is several Thousand potential Appleseeders, who have yet to hear about the program.

This opportunity it just TOO BIG to miss out on, however, TOO BIG for a single person to take full advantage of it.   

We have a month to prepare and this event is prior to the rest of Kentucky's Appleseed events in the Louisville area.   This could really boom the attendance at these events and perhaps even drive us to picking up some additional shoots or venues in the area.

We need to work together to take advantage of this Golden Opportunity in our neck of the woods and spring the KY Appleseed program further forward.

So the big question is, is there anyone in Kentucky or Southern Indiana who are interested in participating and helping to organize our effort for this event?

Sound off here!   

I am planning being there, but having a larger presence and a coordinated effort will make this a much better effort!

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Mudcat

I believe I can make it unless any unforseen circumstances come up. Do you have a link to the info?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

hawkhavn

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/index.html

I don't know, these look pretty good too:
Bloomington, IN Sunday Sept. 6
Mishawaka, IN Monday Sept. 7

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

DaveD

I'm thinking the Bloomington,  IN will work for me.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

yellowhousejake

I can make Saturday In Louisville or Sunday in Bloomington.

Funfaler, let me know which is the least staffed and I will go there.

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Quote from: yellowhousejake on August 08, 2009, 12:58:31 AM
I can make Saturday In Louisville or Sunday in Bloomington.

Funfaler, let me know which is the least staffed and I will go there.

DAve

My wife and some friends are going to the Louisville Teaparty so count me in for that. Where and when do we meet up? I presume an Appleseed shirt and my orange hat are the uniform of the day?

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

funfaler

Shirt for sure.

Meeting place?  Not sure on that yet.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

yellowhousejake

FF,

Any status on when and where to meet up in Louisville? Anyone besides me showing up to help? Mudcat?

The TeaPartyExpress website says it starts at 5:30pm http://www.teapartyexpress.org/tour/louisville.html

The Louisville TeaParty website says it starts at 3:30pm http://louisvilleteaparty.org

DAve

YHJ

Mudcat

I will be down in Manchester TN. helping Big papa out with a shoot.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington