News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HELP NEEDED in Hinesville

Started by sanderman79, August 05, 2009, 10:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanderman79

Hey Ya'll,

It looks like the range is gonna need our help so we can help the range owner and make sure that we can have Appleseeds in the future.  Cannonman will be the lead on when we need to get together.  I am free most every weekend and can bring shovels and tools.  Sound off so we can get an idea of how many people we can get out there.

Raymon

Talon

DuaneRN

Can come if not working or have enough notice to get off work.  Am available some during week as well. 

snaphook75

I can start the spousal qualification process if you pick a date and it happens to be on my weekend off work (I work every other weekend). I'll watch this thread to see what materializes, and help out in any way possible. I'll check with my buddy Michael as well.

Snaphook

Son of Martha

Will help if the sched allows.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

cannonman61

Ok,

Here are the specifics as I just spoke with the owner and reinspected the range as it is in process. The old offending berm has been removed and the new berms are now mostly in place. I made some specific suggestions to improve the layouts and Tim agreed with them as well and also asked him to increase the berm height in two or three locations and he also agreed to that. So, its time for the shooters to help out.

We need to schedule either next weekend or the weekend after to do the work required to get us back in shape out there. But, when we are done it will be VERY nice and even better for us for Appleseed.

When done the range will have a 200yd range facing south, a 300yd range facing south and a 25 meter pistol/Appleed rane facing west.
The firing point covers on the old east facing pistol range and the east facing 100yd range need disassembled and removed and replaced at their new locations. Tim will furnish us with a trackhoe or dozer to lift the posts out and buy some new materials if needed. I volunteered to buy up to $200 of materials if needed to help defray the cost. What he really needs is 5-6 stout bodies for a weekend worth the grunt work. The dates need to be soon as we will be sharing the range with IDPA  Black powder guys. All of whom are out of a range as well. IDPA was  mostly able to reschedule at other places but range time is hard to come by and we Appleseeders and BP guys have been SOL since May.

Let me know who can help, and whether next weekend or the weekend after is best. I need to get the answer to the landowner, TIM NLT this Wednesday so he can make plans.

Those of you that wish to call, do so at my home # on my forum info or PM me and let me know.

CM61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Talon

boltgun71

You guys pick the weekend and if I can be their I will be. 

sanderman79

The weekend after next is better for me.  What do we need to bring?

Raymon

DuaneRN

Working weekend of 15th, off 22nd.  Due to wife saying words like "Appleseed Widow,"  I most likely will only be able to do one day of your choice.

snaphook75

The weekend of Aug 22nd, 23rd is preferred, since I'm scheduled to be off work...but now that you added that "stout" modifyer....I dunno  ;D

Seriously, I'm a definite maybe - after date is solidified I will RSVP within two days (sometimes takes a bit to convince the Mrs. that saving America takes a little effort!...maybe I can talk her into coming to be the ice tea lady!).

At any rate, I'll kick in $50 for the supplies - Dave, PM me with an address and I'll get a check out post haste.

Best to all

Snaphook

cannonman61

Ok,

After reading a few posts and talking to a few people, I'm going to make the command decision of saying the weekend of the 22-23 is our work weekend. I will check with owner in regards to sleeping facilities as he may have some besides camping, however since the range is cold, ie no shooting, no firearms onsite since his insurance is out until we finish. Target date to resume insurance upon inspection is late this month first of next, so lets all meet here and git er done!

My home # is 912-877-4447, cell# is  912-332-4344. Remember I teach school and cant get good reception in the school from 7am-5pm.

CM61

jollynator

Would have been there but they just opened the Georgia board to me and I was unaware of it.

Sorry

:(

jolly

sanderman79

It's good man.  We got a lot done the first weekend and Dave got some more people together for another weekend and got everything done.  We are gonna be good for the AS in October with a new range layout, but same good people.

Raymon

cannonman61

ctually Raymond,

The weekend the other guys from the other board was about a wash.

None of them, ( there were 6 who said they come) showed up. It was just SgtCap and I and we only worked 2-3 hours on cleanup detail and that was Labor day.

We will be able to hold our Appleseed. But it proves once again, the best vols around are the RWVA membership guys and fellow Appleseeders!

Thanks again to all that came and helped in August.

See all of you real soon in Hinesville! Oct 3-4th!

CM61