News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

State Rep VanSant coming to Bradford Appleseed

Started by douglas34474, August 05, 2009, 01:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas34474

I just got this RSVP from State Representative Charles VanSant. I invited him to the Appleseed at the Bradford Sportsman's Farm on August 29 & 30. O0

Doug,

Thanks for the updated invitation and response.  I will plan to be there with members of my family and we are looking forward to meeting you and others who will host the event with you.

Sincerely,

Charles Van Zant

State Representative

District 21

Fred

This is good news.

Let's have more of these posts.

Thanks, Douglas. O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

ksuguy

That's pretty neat.  I sent the flyer to my uncle down there, not sure if he signed up or not. When I was there back in January, we took my younger cousin out to the range for the first time.  He really liked it. He kept shooting the 10/22 all afternoon and didn't want to leave until they closed the range down for the night. 

I'm sure he would really enjoy attending an appleseed event.  I'll probably be back down there again for vacation in a few months, I'll have to nag them to go if they haven't already.   

PHenry

Douglas,
Way to go sir! That's the kind of promo we need more of - again, well done.

I will do my best to make him glad he came and get him to spread some seeds of his own!

With respect,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

douglas34474

Let me know what I can do to help setting up the line. I am free (or at least reasonable ;D) on Friday before the shoot.

I really want to see this be a good event. I believe this range could be a repeat site for us to use.

Douglas

Spitfire

That's awesome.  The idea of mailing an invitation letter and flier to our public officials had crossed my mind a while ago, but I haven't had time to act on it since I was at the Appleseed in Puryear at the time.  There are numerous benefits to having members of our government aware of our program as i'm sure you can guess.  Anyway, I had planned to attend this shoot until I learned of a shoot much closer (and sooner!) to home in Palm Beach County.  I'm speaking of the Clewiston, FL shoot.  I've already printed out a bunch of fliers for both and will hand them out at the Gun Show on the 8th and 9th.  If anyone is going to be there, look for me.  I'll be wearing my Appleseed T-shirt and passing out fliers.

PHenry

Way to go Spitfire!

I'll look forward to seeing you soon.

There is talk of a fellow bringing some canopies to be set up Friday PM for shade - anyone available to help would be instantly placed in the "inner circle". :)

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

douglas34474

I'll be there to help any way I can.

EDIT: Will have to make that in the afternoon. Wife reminded me of other commitments in the morning.

See ya there.

Douglas