News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Suggestions for getting LA rolling again

Started by Rhodes, August 01, 2009, 10:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodes

Any one like to offer some suggestions on how to get the program rolling in LA? We made a good start in May but seem to be having trouble getting things rolling. A couple of considerations to keep in mind would be mini-shoots (I can get us an indoor range for use on a weekend), feasibility of getting a local qualified to run a shoot, remember August and the first half of September can be dicey here the heat can get dangerous to those not used to it, and the weather seems to throw us nasty curve balls like last year and 2005.

Im just trying to get some activity rolling not step on toes or any thing like that. I've got another procedure that has to be done on my back next week that will keep me down perhaps four or five days so I may be out of touch.

Thanks

On another note I just learned today my surgery is moved to Aug 19 so no way I can attend an Aug 22 shoot but given it may move anyway it all works out.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

shane

I know this is an old topic but since there were not any reply's I have a suggestion. If your trying to reach people that are not in the circles you keep then advertising outside those circles is the most efficient way. I love shooting and hunting but have never heard of the apple seed project till I saw mention of it on a non related site. Since I did not know what it was I looked it up and here I am waiting to go to my first seed in june with my family.

I am in Ouachita parish and we have one of the finest ranges in the state made possible by the sheriffs Dept. Both gun and bow ranges and tourneys on the National level held here. If guys knew about the project it would drum up interest and reach many more times that.

LawDog

Rhodes and Shane:
Thanks for your interest.  I predict good things for LA in 2012.  We have two new ranges online (in Amite and Slidell), with two more in the pipeline.  The momentum will pick up and the boat will get bailed.  I look forward to working with you both. 
LD