News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois State Rifle Association

Started by Ewald, July 27, 2009, 12:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewald

A thought from a newbie. I was looking at the calendar on the ISRA website today, and I noticed something. There are at least four upcoming Appleseed events in Illinois that are not listed there. In fact the events in Bristol Wisconsin have better promotion with the Illinois State Rifle Association than the Illinois events do.

I believe all you have to do to be posted on the calendar is send their admin the event information. I also know events have been held at the ISRA range. There are probably ways to take a partnership even deeper. I realize event promotion in general is a lot harder than most people think it is for all kinds of reasons, but this should be a natural fit.

Just a thought.

funfaler

You are spot on! 

Garand69 is the IL State Coordinator, he may have contacts there, perhaps in the works.

Also, others in IL may be in communication with them about posting the events.

I say give them a day or so to reply, ensure you are not crowding in on an effort already in progress, then I say RUN WITH IT!

At the very least, if the ISRA is reluctant to post the events, having several folks calling/sending messages asking for the events to be listed may be a way to demonstrate interest. 

Good work! 

Each States Shooter's associations should be natural partners in promoting Appleseed, we bring new people to the ranges and get new folks involved in the shooting sports within the state.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!