News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GIbsonburg Camping

Started by posterboy, July 21, 2009, 10:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

This just in......

we have secured permission for camping at the range ! Just got back from the club meeting. This is PRIMITIVE camping...no running water , individual fires, or electric hook up just so you know..but the mosquitoes are free of charge. There is a central spot however where a fire IS permitted.

so bring your tents if you care to and we will go over the protocol when you arrive.

look forward to seeing you all there this weekend.

PB

MeanStreaker

Way to go PB!  There's nothing better than sitting around a campfire and shooting the breeze with Appleseeders.  I loved it last weekend, and I can't wait to do it this weekend. 

I encourage everyone to take advantage of this!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

posterboy

Alright IF you are planning on camping Friday night I need to know now. This is the first time we have done this here and the stipulation from the club is that a club member be camping on site with everyone else. Saturday night is NOT a problem....  but if your planning on coming for Friday night post it here or PM me and I'll find try to find a member who is attending to camp.

Again Saturday night will NOT be a problem

thanks

PB

MeanStreaker

PB, you may want to post something in the OFCC forums.  There is a general Gibsonburg thread here:  http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27171
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

slim

I will be camping Saturday night for sure.

I'm subject to work some OT on Friday so I may or may not be up that way on Friday night. I'll PM or text you, PB. If you don't hear anything else from me, see you bright and early on Saturday morning.

I love free mosquitoes!

Peacemaker

That's great news.  You deserve a big atta boy for getting that done.  8)  O0  The gibsonburg Appleseed's have just been elevated another notch on the "place to be" scale.
Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

-- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

slim

If you folks haven't been to G'Burg yet, it's worth the drive.  O0 Another thing that can't be repeated enough - Camp Perry is right down the road. Make a weekend of it and visit the CMP North Store on Friday before the weekend event.

slim

Anyone camping this go 'round?

techres

I am, and two from OhioCCW are at least.  Can we do a campfire or is it just coleman grills?
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Panama

They have a fire pit set up next to the shelter house. IIRC, the fire pit does have provisions for cooking there as well.
NRA certified Instructor
US Army Veteran

Gordon

For the Sep 26-27 Gibsonburg Appleseed:

I'd like to know who intends on camping, and which nights. The club leadership wants to have a club member there if any Appleseeders are camping. This time around, that means me.

I've sent PM's to the instructors/IIT's whom I think are attending, but I don't know how to contact the shooters.

So: If you know of anyone who's intending to camp this weekend, reply back here or PM me.

For Friday especially: If I don't hear of anyone wanting to camp, then I'm not gonna, and if you show up at the gate on Friday you could  be in a jam.

Thanks & looking fwd to it!
-FM

slim

Seems there are a few that will be there Friday evening. If so, I'll be there too!

Gordon

Quote from: slim on September 22, 2009, 02:08:26 PM
Seems there are a few that will be there Friday evening. If so, I'll be there too!

Yep. Brokensling, .5, and Luna so far. Don't tell anyone but there's a rumor the Hooters Billy might even show up w/ the Indiana contingent. :)

So, Camping is ON for Friday and Saturday night! & I'm looking forward to it.

-FM.

slim

Count me in then. I'm not sure what time I'll be there, but me and Mouse are gonna carpool up that way. Once we work out our schedules, we'll post here.

So... for the important business - is there enough firewood out there? Also, who's making breakfast?

Gordon

As of now, here's who's camping at the range this weekend:

"For sure": .5, Brokensling, FuzzyMath, Gopher Boy, Mouse, Slim, and an unnamed friend of SoL.

"Maybe": Hooters Billy

Important: Anyone coming in on Friday is invited to arrive anytime after 3:30. From then on, either I or Posterboy or both will be on-site. This is important since the club requires that at least one club member be present at all times when nonmembers are there.

I'll arrive before 3:30, and Posterboy will arrive 4-ish, planning to set up the line. At our site, this involves driving several steel posts into the ground. I'm sure he'll appreciate the help! (I have to leave the range from 4:30 to 7:30 for a family obligation).

Just to remind everyone: This is primitive camping only, no electricity, no fresh water except tap water at the clubhouse, to which we can gain access during the day (think "hauling water" as a planned chore).

Slim you mentioned firewood. I'll bring some. Others welcome to also, of course. Oh and slim thanks for volunteering to cook breakfasts!

SonsOfLiberty you mentioned doing some shooting. Heck yeah! As soon as you guys finish putting up the line! [cheesy smileyface /] Seriously, yeah, members and guests can shoot there 'til dark. Pistol, Redcoats, HP, whatever. I suspect if you're real nice to PB, he'll even let you plink his steel plate on the 300 yd KD.  8)

GREAT! Looking fwd to it,
-FM

slim

Awesome! A little fellowship around the firing line on Friday night!

If I have to do breakfast, I hope everyone likes doughnuts because that's how I cook. (Remember, I'm a Rifleman. I gave up all that cookin stuff a long time ago!) Seriously though, that doughnut place in town is pretty good. Maybe we could make an early morning run?

Counting down the hours.....