News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hello New Mexico

Started by SamD, July 19, 2009, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Allright,
Somebody needs to start this thing off and say Hellowwww New MExxxico.

SamD here
real Name= Sam Damewood
locale=      53 Wildcat Lane
              Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310
              damewood@Q.com
cell           575-491-1889

twh731

twh731  (It makes sense in a round about way)
Tom Heiser
New Mexico State Coordinator
Contact  575 770-4231
hsr_930@q.com
Thanks Sam for starting off.  I don't get the time to get on the forum as much as would be appropriate.  Tom
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

nmmi9100

Just got on here.  Couldn't figure out where the Southwest forum went...then I read some rather complex instructions.

nmmi9100 = David McInnis
                 Edgewood, New Mexico (30 mi east of Albuquerque)
                 nmmi9100@aol.com

I'm mainly interested in two things at the moment...finding out about the proposed Appleseed at the Founder's Ranch (SASS) and getting an IBC here ASAP.

-David

SamD

Thanks for hoppin in NMM19100.
You aren't the only one looking forward to a Founders Ranch shoot.
I'm selfish myself, kids live up on Sedillio hill so it really cut teh travel time down.

We get 7-8 together we can get us an IBC.
In the meantime, we'll run enough shoots to get all of you pretty far along the trail.
O0

Sam

Devnull

Guess I am up next  :)

Name: Devnull
real Name= Chris Lindemann
locale=      5716 Cambria RD NW
               Albuquerque, New Mexico 87120
               kd5iku@gmail.com
cell           505-804-4802
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

nmmi9100

Quote from: Devnull on August 20, 2009, 03:37:41 PM
Guess I am up next  :)

Name: Devnull
real Name= Chris Lindemann
locale=      5716 Cambria RD NW
               Albuquerque, New Mexico 87120
               kd5iku@gmail.com
cell           505-804-4802

Chris:

I had no idea you were a HAM.  KE5CED here.  Maybe this winter I can take some time and study for an upgrade to General.

-David

SamD

I think we will find there are many skills and interests among us, which is great thing.

Chris has already stepped up to moderate on of our areas on the board.
Thanks Chris, that's how we make it work.
Every job a volunteer.

Devnull

That is one of my favorite things about appleseeding. I find more interesting people every time. The inspiring and thought provoking conversation, learning about things I knew nothing about before, the heritage and of course the look on a child's face when he/she cleans a target.  O0 Now that's appleseed!

Yup, been a Ham since 99. Currently an Amateur Extra. Let me know if you need any help studying for that exam. I also (When I have the time) help out as a VE for the Albuquerque team and have some tactics for passing the exams.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

staplegund

Hi NM AS vols, O0
I can be reached at dselliott@zianet.com or cell ph 575-202-0103.  I'm looking forward to the ibc too, whenever I can make it :D.  I'm near Las Cruces, not far from BlueFeather and TaosGlock. 
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

BobABQ

I finally got access to this forum.

Does anyone have updated information regarding a possible IBC over the Labor Day weekend in Albuquerque?

BobABQ:

E-mail: bobabq@msn.com
(505) 293-8176

SamD

So far as I know there is no IBC scheduled for NM yet this year.
We need to have a decent number of people willing to do one, probably 6-8 minimum.
Certainly no way to do one by Labor Day

BobABQ

That is disappointing Sam D., at that last Raton Appleseed and subsequently since then Bluefeather has discussed it. She asked for confirmation of attendance for an Albuquerque IBC.

I'm sorry to hear that it won't happen.

SamD

Then you might contact her direct.
She may know something I don't.

Do you know how many people were firm on coming to one?

Sam

BobABQ

I already did send a PM to Bluefeather but as of yet I have not received a reply. I spoke with Devnull and he seemed to believe that it would happen. He was going to use a conference room at his place of employment for the IBC weekend.

I'm just trying to determine if it is going to happen or not.

nmmi9100

As of a few minutes ago Bluefeather sent me and several other folks notice that there would be an IBC held in Rio Rancho, New Mexico on Labor Day weekend, 5-6 September 2009.  Details to follow, but clear your calendars.

Fred is coming to do this one!

Hooorah!!!

-David
Edgewood, NM

freefyrefly

HEy everybody
Already posted my contact info somewhere else on this thingamajig, but here it is again

Geneva Thompson
Albuquerque NM 87108
(505)203-2879
geneva7@unm.edu

cant wait to see y'all this weekend for the IBC!!!!!!!
:D :D :D