News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NM State Tourism Department

Started by SamD, August 17, 2009, 07:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

BobABQ

Who persuaded them to post it?

Tom, was it you?

SamD

I just submitted it to their site, next day it was there.

Sam

BobABQ

SamD

Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then 8)

We all need to keep looking for opportunities to put the word out.
Just like we need to keep looking for more ranges to have shoots, and bringing in more shooters.
Its a never ending Bob, but it has its rewards.  Think I've been to 11-12 Appleseeds so far this year, learn something new at every one and meet great people and have a good time at all of them.

Need to start setting up more shoots down south as weather cools off.  I know BlueFeather wants to do Deming again and always Las Cruces.  Like to expand into Roswell, Hobbs, Carlsbad, Clovis by next spring.   Need to drive to Socorro after work on Tuesday to see about using their range.  I would like There or Las Cruces  to be an  April 19th range for 2010.

Sam

BobABQ

Between now and graduation next May I'm staying close to home.

Obviously an Appleseed at Founders Ranch excites me, I my have to do that as a student.
A Socorro Appleseed is something I would come down and do.

SamD

There are ranges and private land all over NM tat an be used just a matter of making the right contacts.
If we can get all of you upgraded to red hats by next year(very reasonable expectation BTW) there will be an Appleseed within an easy drive of everyone in the state every month.

I will be able to hit the "recurring" button on the state tourism board for "monthly".

Scout

Quote from: SamD on August 27, 2009, 01:04:19 AM
Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then 8)

You are a good man Sam ;) This is exactly the thing that each person in the org should be doing every day. Seeking out those little/big things which actually make their jobs easier. :) ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)