News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

off limits

Started by franklinfarmer, July 17, 2009, 07:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinfarmer

Sanderman,

All the topics that are listed as "moved" by you, seem to come up as either "missing" or "off limits" for me.  Note that they all appear to have been posted in a new directory "moved" as well.  Did you mean to do this?

I was going to post in the one about a new (what was it, a dar?---I'm guessing that's some kind of range) in Georgia somewhere.  I don't know if there's much I can do, but was going to check.

I've been out of pocket for a while, and I really blew it by missing the shoot in Augusta last weekend.  So, as far as I can tell, I'm out of luck until October in Hinesville.  Fortunately, I can still use more practice---and a set of tech sites should be on the way---though I've been using a scope, and I can do pretty decent with that.  Anyway, just a heads up, that you might have created a new directory (with unintended permissions).
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Appalacious

This may explain the access issues.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8052.0

And this is a recent development about DAR's in W. GA.  Though I'm not sure if they're related.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8021.0

oops, its restricted too. 
Basically, some people have a contact that wants to setup a range NE of Columbus, but he needs help doing it.

Thats all I remember.  They'll probably give us access again soon.  They're doing alot of maintenance right now.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

sanderman79

Franklinfarmer,

He has it spot on. We are changing to another kind of board, so that we can set the board up the way we want more.  It should be done soon and we will be back to norm.  I am gonna go and help set up the Designated Appleseed Range hopefully in a couple of weeks.  I want some folks on that side of town to get together and help.  When I get some more info I will post it so we can all get together.

Raymon

franklinfarmer

Got it.  Thanks for the info.  I'll keep an eye out for updates when the other thread becomes accessible.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce