News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

So, Who's Up for an IBC?

Started by ItsanSKS, July 13, 2009, 11:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Any of you IIT's looking to refresh your skills before jumping into the water need to sign up.  If you've previously attended an IBC/RBC, attending another one is free.  If this is your first IBC, the cost is $70, for two days of instruction.

If you would like to learn how to become an Instructor with the RWVA, this is THE way to do it.  

Come learn from the best Instructors the RWVA has to offer!

If interested, please post a "Interested" comment below.  Once we have 6-10 people willing to come, we'll work out a date.  We need to get this going quick, as we have a number of events coming up this fall/winter, and I'm sure we could all stand to get some of the rust knocked off..

If you have any questions, PM me directly.

QuoteAn IBC is a 2-3 day event.  It is intended for those desiring to become RWVA instructors and may or may not include actual shooting.  An IBC's may not be held at a range.

Who may attend: Anyone interested in becoming an RWVA Instructor, from any state who's willing to travel at their own expense to attend. Those wishing to attend need to have already attended an Appleseed and we prefer that you've shot a rifleman score or close to it or at least feel like you will shoot it very soon.  Wink

Cost:  Registration fees for IBC are $70. However, it is free for active military/guard/reserve, people who are under 21 years of age, and currently for 2009, women are also free.  Instructors interested in attending an IBC as a refresher course and IIT's who've already attended an RBC or IBC are also Free.   There are no mail in registrations for IBC's, all registrations are done online or at the door.

Minimum number: An IBC requires at least 4 people to attend, so if you want one in your area get 3 others together and let us know. IBC's without at least 4 people registered to attend might be canceled.

Graduation:  Those successfully completing the Instructor course will achieve up to the level of IIT3 as determined by their instructor.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

Some things that are helpful to bring with you:

Binder with up-to-date Instructor Manual
Clipboard with 4 Safety Rules, Line Commands, Steps to ensure Safe Rifle on the back
Ruler/tape measure
1 ea. of the following targets: Redcoat, AQT, 1" Squares
Pens/Pencils
Legal pad for taking notes (3x5 cards work great too)
Shooting Jacket/Elbow Pads
Ground cover/shooting mat
Safe Rifle (For demonstration purposes)
Copy of Paul Revere's Ride (can be found on Amazon.com if not available locally)
A light lunch
Water
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."