News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WV's First IBC

Started by The Machine, June 30, 2009, 01:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Machine

I had planned to hold our first IBC in Oct., but dates need to be worked out. We have enough people interested to hold one, but I need to know what weekend would work for everyone, so please let me know by posting here.

Keep in mind, Oct. 17-18 is an AS, so any weekend besides that would work.
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

wvmmfalcon

Let me know at least a week in advance if it is going to be more than 2 days so I can reschedule work. I will have the weekend off for sure. Jeffrey
Jeffrey-Frank..Jarrell
KYPD
Malon Labe
I think, therefore I am dangerous (Q)

wvmmfalcon

SM, Oct. 10-11, 24-25 are both good for me. As I said before, I can attend a 3 dayer with a little bit of notice. Is Spanner and Don committed? Let me know if you get set up and I will register. Jeffrey   KYPD
Jeffrey-Frank..Jarrell
KYPD
Malon Labe
I think, therefore I am dangerous (Q)

Spanner

Quote from: wvmmfalcon on July 17, 2009, 07:31:26 PM
SM, Oct. 10-11, 24-25 are both good for me. As I said before, I can attend a 3 dayer with a little bit of notice. Is Spanner and Don committed? Let me know if you get set up and I will register. Jeffrey   KYPD

I'm planning for it, I just haven't weighed in on dates yet.  I am eyeing AS October events in other states, but haven't committed to work any of those dates so as to leave flexibility on the WV IBC date (TM knows the score).  An IBC on Oct 10-11 would be lowest on my wish list, but not a deal-breaker.
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Barry-WV

Is this in addition to a RBC or in place of it?

The Machine

Quote from: Barry-WV on July 18, 2009, 02:18:09 AM
Is this in addition to a RBC or in place of it?
This is a separate venue to accelerate growth of our Instructor Corps (IC), Barry. We will still have a RBC in the near future, but the date can't be set until some other issues get resolved.

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

MudSlide

Hey Frank!

Sign me up for the IBC!  I'm good for any date in Oct.

FYI, I got around to changing my username to MudSlide from dst27.  For all of those who remember, I personally thank you (Frank, Brad, Jeff, Mike, Keith, Brian, & others!) and am humbled at the friendliness and willingness to help an Appleseeder in need!

Don

The Machine

Very good news, and I thank all of you for your eagerness and willingness to take on this most honorable position--RWVA Instructor--for the AS program in WV.  O0

I will pass the info along and get it on the official schedule for Oct. 24-25.

The Machine

It's official...the IBC WILL take place on Oct. 24-25 at the Stinson DAR. All IITs and our solo RI in WV have signed up for this.

If anyone else has been wanting to enter the instructor realm, please consider coming to this IBC. If you attend as an IIT, and provided you do well on the tests, you could leave the IBC as an IIT3. Those that are already an IIT3 and above, attendance will add to your knowledge base and you'll have an opportunity to hone your history presentation skills.

The instruction will take place in our "Instructor Bunkhouse/Classroom" (IBC  ;D), which I am canvassing some workers to help prepare for this IBC and beyond. I already PMed the WV IC about this, but I didn't want anyone else to miss out on an opportunity to lend a hand.  ;)

When finalized, this building will serve as a classroom for use at all Stinson AS events, and it will also serve as a bunkhouse for instructors when visiting. The building has electric; a dug well with excellent water; sleeping lofts; composting toilet; wood heating/cook stove; other amenities. If anyone is interested in the renovation project, please contact me ASAP for details.