News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

newAppleseedrange

Started by biathlon, June 24, 2009, 09:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biathlon

Got the go ahead for scheduling for next years Appleseed program at Laramie Rifle Range last night boys and girls. ^00600 yard known distance and 16 station multi purpose range for the 25 meter work. O0 WOO HOOOO <:)

hawkhavn

Congrats!  Great 7th step work.
So there are 2 separate ranges?

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Beulahtrash

I'll make it down there, when do we schedule the first one?
Just doing what I can with what I got. - Burt Gummer

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Fred

Man, with all that space out in WY, there's only 16 points on the range?

Would be nice to figure out how to get more spaces on the line - just in case more than 16 people around Laramie would like to show up...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

biathlon

Understood Boss. The issue is that the berms on either side limit the space. I do believe we could double up what's there.  :-\
There are several venues here with a dedicated pistol range, shotgun facility, 200 yard "Tactical" course and
of course accomodations for the cowboy action afficinados. ++)
Scheduling? Ha ha ha ha,    you guys should know by now I'm gonna freeze yer hineys off **) **) The first one will probably be after the general large game hunting season and the holidays so plan on sometime in JANUARY!!! &)

TheCount

Quoteso plan on sometime in JANUARY!!!

Cool, I'm game!   I'd rather have cold and snow over the somewhat cold, rainy and muddy...

Fred

B,

It's not us RWVA-types you need to worry about freezing (heck, I proved in Douglas that I have no problem freezing ++)) - it's all the citified people in WY who won't want to come out in the cold that's likely to dampen turnout...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

biathlon

I'm hoping on the countriyfied folks showing up. They vastly outnumber the city types here :D On the plus side, the berms do offer some shelter from the wind. We'll have the canyon range(this is where the Wyoming State Service Rifle Championships are sometimes held!)for the known distance component. We also have a real comfortable HEATED clubhouse right behind the multi purpose range.
The lesson for me here was NOT to give up. I've been working on this for nearly 3 years. The two things that helped the most were #1, the very favorable article in Mike Dillons Blue Press and #2, handing out the challenge coins. <:)Right now during summer things like the Air Force surplus muk luks, NB3 parkas, heavy socks, balaclavas, MITTENS are all on sale. Don't wait till winter to get 'em. I do hope for a lot more winter Appleseeds this year than we've ever had.

risky buisness

Great job biathlon. Can't wait to come back that way to instruct, get a hold of colonial shooter or my self and we will get some 2010 stuff scheduled so were full staff, with Cheyenne, Fort Collins near by the draw could be tremendous.
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

biathlon

Correct ;) We also have a very strong high school and collegiate biathlon community emerging not only here but in Casper and Lander too. Hint, cloth cheekpads work real well with those little carbon hand heaters. No frostbite on yer cheek. :)

colonial shooter

Again great job B. I will e talking to you soon, have some dates ready when I do...
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

biathlon

Mid January first. Late February. Don't forget the elevation here is above 7,200 feet :o :o This is gonna be serious work.  !@#)