News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Table at Cabelas or Bass Pro?

Started by 1911Ron, June 23, 2009, 10:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911Ron

An idea was posed over in the volunteer section about setting a table up at a sporting goods store, such as Bass Pro shop, Cabelas, Sportsmans warehouse or even Dicks sporting goods.  This would be like setting up at a gun show but not all of the hassle and we could do this when we wanted not when the show dictated. What say you Arizona? Can someone look into this?  Thanks AzRon

AZRedhawk44

Not impressed with average foot traffic in Dick's, at least the one at Arrowhead Mall.

I could see Cabelas or Bass Pro though.

Has Sportsman's Warehouse stopped sucking yet, or do they still have no guns and no ammo since they don't pay their debtors?

I'll check later this week if someone in AZ can't report otherwise.  I've just stopped even looking at the one at I-17 and the 101.

James E

Try talking to Nevada Smith on this forum.  He followed up on a lead I started with the Reno Cabela's.  He set up a table for a weekend.

James E

AZRedhawk44

SW still appears to be a bust.  Ammo in stock includes 44mag, 9x18mak and .22-250.  Yep.

Oh yeah, and claybuster shot shells.  Handgun cases are empty, selection on the wall is pretty bleak too.  Rifles appear to be a small handful of EBR's (less than a dozen) and several hundred RemChester turnbolts.

No one interested in shooting is likely to be headed there any time soon.

Cabelas and Bass Pro sound like the ticket, Ron.

James:  Are you the fella that got the $10 discount coupons at Cabelas for the Reno AS back in May?  Who was your contact at that Cabelas?

James E

KC,

That was me.  My contact was the Reno store events coordinator, Jamie Klund  x8046 at (775) 829-4100.

James