News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Two New Texas Locations

Started by Scout, June 18, 2009, 02:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

Austin's ARC Raange and the private range of Schaefer Training Academy are now in the Appleseed fold pending Admin approval. These two ranges will provide two more vital locations for The Austin and South West Texas regions.

ARC-Austin Rifle Club will hold 80 shooters on the 25 m line and can provide actual distance of 100 and 200 meters.

Schaefer Training Academy has a smaller 25 shooter limit and has only the 25m line for instruction.

OK, so what does this mean to you guys here in Texas? We need folks to staff these two locations once they come on line and we will need promotional help in getting these two locations out in front of shooters.

I am going to start a new thread for help in the state. We need the Texas crew to step up and volunteer for some of the jobs in this state and lend a hand in getting us ready for the coming year in addition to finishing up this year with a bang. :)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

metalbot

Well, I know that it will take at least 60 days to schedule an Appleseed in each, so I'll try to enjoy spending weekends with my family for the next two months!   ;D

Great news.  I think holding events at Austin Rifle Club will probably pull a lot more people from Austin than we do to Davilla, simply because of the name.  I know that when I first heard of Appleseed, I had no idea where Davilla was (and how close it was).

IIRC, Tom's range has an indoor classroom, which might make it into one of the nicer places to do an Appleseed.
Davilla 1108

CaptG

Let us know about dates. I'm ready to go IITing. So far it looks like Sept Davilla is the next thing that works out with my wierd schedule unless new dates are added. I'm setting aside dates for the RBC also.

PM me if you have any specific items I can help with.

Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

POP

Way to go Derrick (ARC) and Tom (Shaffer).
I'm with metalbot and Cap'n G ... by the time these ranges receive approval ... well, it will still be hot as blazes but, I'm ready to git up thar and help.

BTW, Guy, is that you in your new avatar? 

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Texas Rifleman

Can help in Davilla and Austin. Where is the other place, SW Tx, may not can do that one.
Let me know
Tex

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

CaptG

Pop,
Naw, he's purtier than me. ;D.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

POP

TR
shaffer is near lockhart, just off US183 southeast of Austin. 
POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

CaptG

Excellent, that makes 4 DARs within a couple of hours of my location.
Guy
Winston Churchill

perdurabo

Whatever happened to Schaefer Training Academy as a DAR option?  Did that fall through?  The Austin area really needs more shoots.  Smithville is very intermittent and Davilla/Fredericksburg are a bit far out for a lot of folks, especially for a 2-day shoot.

scuzzy

Quote from: perdurabo on February 19, 2014, 04:46:30 PM
Whatever happened to Schaefer Training Academy as a DAR option?  Did that fall through?  The Austin area really needs more shoots.  Smithville is very intermittent and Davilla/Fredericksburg are a bit far out for a lot of folks, especially for a 2-day shoot.

We haven't had much luck getting any ranges in the Austin area to commit to an Appleseed. If you know of any just let me know. Maybe make a few calls and see if anybody is interested.

I'd love to get one local to my area. Just got a tip today from a guy I was talking to about a new range near Lampasas.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

perdurabo

The last time I talked to Tom Schaefer he seemed interested in hosting an shoot out at his place.  I suggest someone give him a ring and try again:

http://www.schaefertraining.com/

scuzzy

Quote from: perdurabo on February 19, 2014, 06:34:12 PM
The last time I talked to Tom Schaefer he seemed interested in hosting an shoot out at his place.  I suggest someone give him a ring and try again:

http://www.schaefertraining.com/

I'll give him a ring. I met him a few years ago at an Appleseed. And his brother John too - rest his soul.

perdurabo

Scuzzy, did you ever get in touch with Tom Schaefer?

scuzzy

Quote from: perdurabo on March 16, 2014, 02:50:29 AM
Scuzzy, did you ever get in touch with Tom Schaefer?

I dropped the ball on that one. Thanks for the reminder. I'll give him a ring this week.

Pistolgrip

Great to have more choices of location in Texas.   ^:)^
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

henschman

Excellent... bringing on new locations is the key to beating our issue with low turnout.  Keep up the good work y'all! 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819