News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman Boot Camp in Ramseur This Month will be Something Special!

Started by Fred, June 13, 2009, 02:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Yes sir, as if a week on the firing line, from 25M out to 500 yards, isn't special enough!

But this boot camp will be followed by a THREE-day Appleseed, the first day of which will be on July 4th - reckon we can get someone to bring tracers?

Here's what we're talking about, as seen on the RBC schedule: Ramseur, NC - June 28-July 5

So, you sign up and come - remember, ladies are free, as are kids 20 and under - and folks with military ID - active, reserve, and guard.

Plan to camp out, to save money - and to get that "talk around the campfire" everyone later praises as one of the best parts of the boot camp experience.

You only get to go to a boot camp for the first time, once, so make it the boot camp at the RWVA home range in Ramseur.

Shoot out to 500 yards. (Bring a .22 for the 25m marksmanship training.)

Shoot on popups out to 500 yards.

It's an experience not to be duplicated elsewhere...

To get your spot on the line, get signed up at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/224960864%20

You won't regret it...

Hope we'll see you there.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Sgt Joker

Fred any ideas on the instructor cadre? I'm coming anyway just wondering who else will be there.

4Paws

I'll be attending my first Appleseed event this coming weekend in Ramseur and am looking forwards to it! Due to family obligations I can only attend on Saturday, should I bring a centerfire rifle or stick with a .22?

Fred

The .22 is a lot cheaper - and everything on Sat will be 25m, anyway...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

wildman

In the above post Fred mentioned a three day appleseed following the boot camp. I have talked with Fred, the Shoot Boss and we agreed the Appleseed scheduled for July 4 & 5 is a two days event not three. The July Appleseed starts on Saturday the 4th of July and ends on Sunday the 5th.

Now if you think that just isn't enough your invited to join us for the week prior.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC