News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEW IBC!!! July 24-26 Riley, IN

Started by hawkhavn, June 08, 2009, 11:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

All,

We will be hosting Indiana's next IBC running concurrently with the Riley/Terre Haute, IN Appleseed on July 24-26.
We will have access to the range Friday evening at 6 and instruction will start at 8 p.m. for those that can make it Friday.  Everyone else that can make it Saturday/Sunday will get brought up to speed at Appleseed pace... ;)

Riley is a large range with multiple bays, nice clubhouse and camping on site.  Motels are 10 minutes away in Terre Haute.  The range is 5 minutes south of I-70.

This IBC is easy access for IL, OH, KY, MI and WI.

Details here: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5324.0
Register here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/361129147%20%20

Hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

risky buisness

Way to go Hawk!! this is exactly what we have to continue to do: Get our instructor canidates interested in teaching and give them the chance to start with an IBC.
I'm reasonably sure that IBC topics are not as interesting as what new dodad to buy so as to enhance a LTR topic, BUT THINK about it, next year, we double the number of shoots, we had better triple the number of qualified INSTRUCTORS, so I encourage every one who can schedule an IBC to do so. If you need assistance PM me, and we will hammer it out.       Or are you just going to post about that new dodad on your LTR?
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

techres

I will be there to open the gate on Friday, and close the gate on sunday and all the hours inbetween.

My home range, an IBC site, snifl....
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Hooters Billy

Hmmmmm, if things don't pop up or something closer doesn't present itself(didn't look yet though) I think I might make it on down for this.
"There is no greater evil then willful ignorance," ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Advice on life from Fred himself to me on 6-21-09:
"If you hope to be a good looking corps, you better hurry up and die soon!"

CQ CQ CQ de KC9MTP

ATM

I'm signed up and registered. Ready for IBC and working the line in whatever rotation is needed.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

henschman

can you sleep in the clubhouse, or is on-site sleeping limited to camping?

I'm thinking about driving up from Oklahoma... this is the only IBC that is even remotely close that is being held in the summer (which is much more convenient for me), and plus its most of the way to the CMP warehouse at Camp Perry... visiting them is another thing I would really like to get done this summer. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Bill 3

Hi Henschman,

As far as I know, on-site is limited to camping.

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

hawkhavn

Henschman,

We will be using the clubhouse for IBC activities, so off limits for sleeping purposes.
If you're short a tent, I might be able to help out there.

Hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

henschman

I have a tent, but thanks for the offer. 

I checked Google Maps, and Riley is DIRECTLY on the way to Camp Perry for me, so I might be sporting a new garand if I drive up to the CMP warehouse on Thursday night/Friday morning before the IBC if I come! 

I should be graduating to IIT 3 the weekend before at Oxford, KS, so it will be a good time for me to go and learn to teach history and such, right before I have to prove myself at this task to get to be a full instructor.  I will really try to make it out there.  It is a really long drive, but the fact that I could kill 2 birds with one stone makes it a lot more do-able.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

hawkhavn

You might put a post up and see if you can get someone to ride along at least part of the way, share the dive and costs???

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

henschman

I'll do that.  I don't know if anyone else would be down with the extra jaunt into Ohio, being that it will necessitate leaving on Thursday, but I can check.  I have a buddy that might roll with me, too, and some folks have offered to pay their share of the gas if i grab them a rifle and some ammo from the CMP! 

hawkhavn

Check with Ben1775 and see what his plans are.  I would kick in for ammo but remember they have a 10 can annual limit on now and I figured you would be maxing out for your own sake.

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

hawkhavn

Folks,

Here's another thread with a couple of MO IITs looking for an IBC: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7171.msg73659;topicseen#msg73659

Convoy up and come on over...

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

BeeFree

When you're all done with the IBC, get signed up to IIT at the Fenton, MI shoot  August 22-23 - take that next PC while the IBC info is still  fresh!!  Road Trip and bring a shooter with you (MI is poaching again, I know - but if I can get 11 more shooters pre-reg'ed, the shoot will be catered, and I like food i didn't have to cook myself...)

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Nickle

If you are an IBC Grad, the next Appleseed you work, you are to be evaluated, as to what level you go to. Could be anywhere from II1 to IIT4. Common level should be IIT3.

You heard that right, you may be skipping levels, after an IBC.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

ATM

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

yellowhousejake

Quote from: AuntieBellum on November 25, 2010, 07:14:29 AM
Quote from: ATM on November 25, 2010, 01:15:07 AM
Quote from: bill o rites on November 24, 2010, 11:00:17 PM
btt

It was an awesome IBC  O0

...but it was 16 months ago.  ???

I that means it's time for another one.   ;)

That would be June 18/19, location yet to be determined. This is a AIBC with Fred!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ