News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder MT

Started by Mark Davis, June 07, 2009, 01:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Freindly weatherman scared off most particapants. It rained, it snowed, only the most hardy made to the range. These are some dedicated folks, laying on wet shooting mats and eager to learn the skills of riflemen.
It could have been much worse. the entire range was well drained gravel, with no sticky mud, nice dry two sided shed for instruction and history, blazing wood fire for warmth.
Might be a little dryer tomorrow.
Wouldn't miss it.

mtmisfit

clodhopper,

Nice job today, see you there in the morning. The line may have been sparse but those that were there got excellent coaching and made great progress.

June 6th, 2009.

"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

glocker21

The weather was here...wish it was beautiful. I am truly impressed with the fortitude of the shooters and staff. You all are to be commended.
I am VERY pleased that we were able to have a successful Appleseed despite not having the needed and proper supplies.

Clodhopper did an absolutely spectacular job and the range boss under the ever watchful eye of Guy...If he has ever proved he is deserving of a Red Hat it certainly was this weekend.

Guy...what can I say my friend, thanks for showing up to save the day(s) with such short notice. You NEVER fail to impress me.

Rick and Bru...holy smokes! You guys are AWESOME with kids on the range.

Man there were a lot of Marks running around. But the Range Coordinator Montana CZ (Mark) did a great job of making sure the range was setup and rarin' to go when shooters arrived.

I have a question for you guys...Do you want to make the 5-6 June next year a Appleseed date? Entirely your call. If you can get it on the High Ore Calendar I will push for a date at National. IF there are any more Appleseed shoot dates or Rifleman Bootcamp dates you want , let me know.

Glocker21 sends
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

CaptG

SNOW? :o
Must be Global Warming. I'm gonna hafta call Algore.
See the AAR posts for Davilla.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Mark Davis

Nice thing about snow in june is some of if bounces off you and you don't get quite as wet. Sunday was much drier with the sun peeking out a little bit here and there.
Don and Kim, if you happen upon this. By Sat. evening there were no more curve balls. Just pull all the six steps, riflemans cadence, mag changes, and positions together and then you have it....utoohh just one more little curve ball, the seventh step. Teach others.
The shooters who braved the weather this weekend are of the highest caliber and very good to work with, thank you all for comming out.

glocker21

Quote from: clodhopper on June 08, 2009, 09:26:24 AM
Nice thing about snow in june is some of if bounces off you and you don't get quite as wet. Sunday was much drier with the sun peeking out a little bit here and there.
Don and Kim, if you happen upon this. By Sat. evening there were no more curve balls. Just pull all the six steps, riflemans cadence, mag changes, and positions together and then you have it....utoohh just one more little curve ball, the seventh step. Teach others.
The shooters who braved the weather this weekend are of the highest caliber and very good to work with, thank you all for comming out.

I have to second what Clodhopper said (dang he is good isn't he?) Follow the steps and PRACTICE...it will all turn out OK. Don and Kim, if you could shoot me an email or PM I would like to get contact info so I can put you on my Appleseed invitation list.

Glocker21 sends
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

colycat

There must be a picture of The Guy out there.  Come on students,  get some pics downloaded.  I need my Guy fix.

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Mark Davis

Guy is sitting right there in the poncho.
Another new photo of Guy can be found on the montana page, he is standing behind Alex. I am not nerdly enough to get the link for you.

mtmisfit

"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."