News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Whos interested in attending an Instructor Boot Camp (IBC) in PA?

Started by 303shooter, June 05, 2009, 11:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frontsight

lprgcfrank

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

mooney

Quote from: kDan on July 30, 2009, 07:31:29 PM
Well, Garan made it - he's an IIT.  Congratulations!  Jersey coming on strong.

So...  what's the word.  IBC in PA or what?  Mooney?  B9?  303, where are you?

I might have a spot in Pike County east of Scranton.  Depends on a million different things, but how many folks we got interested in this? 

No word on my end right now, 303 was setting this up and then disappeared. I know the 2nd weekend of any month is open at the Manheim DAR site. If we want to do it in Manheim I can start the ball rolling again. I just need to know which month is good for all that are attending. I may not have a full AS under my belt, but I will come and show my support at least.
Mooney

Chainsaw

Quote from: lprgcfrank on July 30, 2009, 09:44:07 PM
Depending on dates - I will help out at the IBC

Same here.  Especially if it's in
pike county.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Nickle

Quote from: Spanner on July 30, 2009, 07:38:14 PM

I'm still interested, but my dance card has been filling up (with AS events... maybe I can do some switcheroo-ing with the proper dispensations from high-ranking Appleseed administrators  ^-^ ).

Attending an IBC would be a good reason to bail from an event.

Just make sure to let me know.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

kDan

okay, that's it.  my place.  Who's in?  Pike County, Pa.  18428. Near NY and NJ.  30 minutes east of Scranton.  We'll straighten out the dates later.  Those of you who know folks, grab 'em by the nose.  I think we got like 8 folks ready for this in the area.  b9, check your new yorkers - tfelog from Saratoga Springs for one.  Frank, if you're not reading this, I'm already talking to you about it anyway.  Me and lprgcfrank will run it.  I suspect 303 has been kidnapped by the enemy.  Pray for him. 

Seriously let's get this out to the NY folks and anybody else. New Jersey. Garan just qualified and took the hat. We need to promote some folks.  I like this new system, but we need more red hats west of the Housatonic River!

Mooney, hawaiian shirts welcome but no contests.

I guess September?  October?  Let's do it.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Frontsight

kDan - I'm in!  I just need the hat.  Thanks again for the great inaugural shoot at Manheim.  My second nephew is burning to get back and get his patch too.  Hopefully I'll be able to help him do it.  Him and many others.  Let me know the dates and I'l be there.

Frontsight

biros

I would be interested.
Time schedule and cost would be a factor.
Could instructor boot camp be shot with .22 lr? That would very much aid in cost and could factor in to my attendance .
  I fully support Appleseed and would like to get involved and get my wife and four kids involved at least in a standard Appleseed course.
I am in NE Pa. and would like to be able to organize shoots through local clubs(of which there are very few) or maybe use of Pa. Game Commission ranges,although I do not know if their use would be permitted Politics being what they are.
  Looking forward to more info. 

B9

Quote from: biros on July 31, 2009, 09:56:20 PM
I would be interested.
Time schedule and cost would be a factor.
Could instructor boot camp be shot with .22 lr? That would very much aid in cost and could factor in to my attendance .
  I fully support Appleseed and would like to get involved and get my wife and four kids involved at least in a standard Appleseed course.
I am in NE Pa. and would like to be able to organize shoots through local clubs(of which there are very few) or maybe use of Pa. Game Commission ranges,although I do not know if their use would be permitted Politics being what they are.
  Looking forward to more info. 

No shooting is required for an IBC.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

biros

B9 and K dan
Please e-mail me with details biros.jay@gmail.com
I will attend IBC just let me know when and where.
I am looking forward to getting involved in Appleseed to get people interested,and trained in shooting and preserving our 2nd Amendment.
I have attended firearms safety classes, as well as Pa act 235 courses as well as Federal Contract Guard firearms training and qualifying.
Please contact me with questions or details.
Thank you
Jay.   

kDan

okay...  IIT's, Red Hats...

Let's get this thing together.  I think it took Crak like three days to set up an IBC in Massachusetts last week.  MASSACHUSETTS!!! 

PA, NY, NJ, VA - where ever...  Who's here?  Who's interested?  I'm going to start pm'ing those that I can remember or find in my pile of paperwork from like twenty events.

But mean time.  I have a nice place east of Scranton where everybody can stay and we can all learn a LOT from getting together and running through the Instructor Boot Camp Program of Instruction (IBC POI).

Nervous about speaking in public?  It helps to know exactly what you're talking about.  Don't understand how to explain IMC or Shot Group Analysis?  There is a formula.  It works.  You've stepped up, now move up. 

My cell number is 718 490 7665.  Call me, pm me or just reply here. 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

GaranDGunn

I am ready and interested with few schedule conflicts.  Even switched state assignment to PA to be able to monitor this thread.  I check this thread daily for updates.  I think Biros last post has become memorized due to how many times I've looked at it hehe.

Not to assume my schedule dictates, only to facilitate info, I am available all weekends starting the last of september with little exception.   A saturday/sunday would be ideal as that would be 1 day off, but if necessary I will sacrifice 2 days off for a 3 day including friday.  We need more jersey instructors and this seems the fastest way to get there.

kDan

There's an IBC scheduled for Stinson, WV October 24,25 just in case some PA folks, or whomever else would might want to make that.

I'm hoping to hear from more than Garan, but hey Garan, you should pm me your phone number.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

layke

kDan

Quote from: layke on August 26, 2009, 05:00:42 PM
Someday, when I get qualified I'd love to do it.  O0

What would you say constitutes the bulk of your lacking in qualifications to date?  Have you been to an Appleseed? 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

layke

Yes, just one. I will study and become knowledgeable to uphold the tradition before I venture off to IBC. I know there is a shortage of instructors, but my first mission is to find as many new people to bring to an event as I can. That will be something I can do while I'm learning the real history of the founding of our country. I'm old, and slow, but I'll get there.  ;D
Doug

mooney

The weekend before the normal Manheim event is open at Manheim, so feel free to let me know if that will work for an IBC and I will reserve it.

kDan, Maybe we can get some longboarding in while you are here.

mooney

Quote from: kDan on August 24, 2009, 06:55:09 PM
okay...  IIT's, Red Hats...

Let's get this thing together.  I think it took Crak like three days to set up an IBC in Massachusetts last week.  MASSACHUSETTS!!! 

PA, NY, NJ, VA - where ever...  Who's here?  Who's interested?  I'm going to start pm'ing those that I can remember or find in my pile of paperwork from like twenty events.

But mean time.  I have a nice place east of Scranton where everybody can stay and we can all learn a LOT from getting together and running through the Instructor Boot Camp Program of Instruction (IBC POI).

Nervous about speaking in public?  It helps to know exactly what you're talking about.  Don't understand how to explain IMC or Shot Group Analysis?  There is a formula.  It works.  You've stepped up, now move up. 

My cell number is 718 490 7665.  Call me, pm me or just reply here. 
Mooney

kDan

We'll do it October 24-25, in Pike County.  This is closer to NY for those folks and not too far for PA and our NJ friend.

This can be changed if abso necesso, but I'd like to stick with these dates so folks can plan. 

lprgcfrank and I will be running it.  Any red hats that wanna come and help out are welcome and invited to do so.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Frontsight

I'll be at the IBC in October for sure.  Does anyone know if I have to register through eventbrite like for an AS?  Thanks for stepping up like this kDan, I don't know how you do it.

Frontsight

GaranDGunn

I'm in for sure.  See you guys in Oct.  Is there camping nearby btw?  Any 2 trees within 20ft works for me.

kDan

Quote from: GaranDGunn on September 02, 2009, 02:49:05 PM
I'm in for sure.  See you guys in Oct.  Is there camping nearby btw?  Any 2 trees within 20ft works for me.

You can camp or just throw your sleeping bag on the carpet.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

Just in case somebody missed the memo... 

this event has been cancelled. 

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

Okay guys, so it's taken a while, but those of you who can should make this trip.  Burlington Flats, NY - Dec. 5 and 6.  IBC

the thread:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10104.0
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

lprgcfrank

Dan,
Sorry but I can't make this one- I'm SB'ing the Manheim shoot on the 19th & 20th and can only do 1 weekend in Dec. :(
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

crak

Check your drama at the door.

lprgcfrank

Quote from: crak on November 12, 2009, 07:04:25 PM
Dec 5th and 6th is practically November, though!   >:D

You can try to convince my wife of that  ;) 
She was a medical researcher and is quite handy with a scalpel - :-\ :-\ :-\

kDan

Appleseed is good with wives, and scalpel skills are useful during ball and dummy drills.  Shave that fatty part of the finger on wood draggers.  Bring her along!

With the new Daylight Savings rules, I think December 5 IS still REALLY November.  It all adds up, Frank.  See ya there!
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout