News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hello Pennsylvania, Check in and say hello.

Started by B9, June 21, 2008, 04:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

Welcome Master Po!

If you have any questions that you can't find the answers to... please ask!  See you in Manheim.

-Chainsaw
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Big H

Checking in from the Philly area.
I attended my first Appleseed at Manheim this last week-end and earned my patch. I will be an IIT at the October Manheim Appleseed. I hope to meet many forum members there.

lprgcfrank

Welcome Big H.

Marty says he wants some credit since he helped you sight in your rifle :-)
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Big H

Quote from: lprgcfrank on September 22, 2009, 06:19:48 PM
Marty says he wants some credit since he helped you sight in your rifle :-)

He's right. With a brand new rifle and scope, if possible, it's better to figure out what all the knobs and levers do and send a few shots downrange before Appleseed week-end. ;)

kDan

Chambersburg this week-end people.  Get in on the ground floor. 

We're loving the involvement of folks out here and it's not the people I expected.  Call me an idiot (it's been done, over and over), but I thought we were trying to reach hunters that pull their bolty's out once a year for sight in and a deer maybe two if they get their tags in time, but no... 

Pennsylvania has riflemen even now.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Frontsight

kDan - Sorry I can't make this weekend, my wife just had a little surgery and I'm needed around the house.  Thanks for getting me started on the road to instructor.  I had a great time!  You might remember my nephew Jake - the 13 year old who shot rifleman at Manheim back in July?  He was back this time and brought his father who shot rifleman on the second to last AQT of the weekend.  Again - what a rewarding thing to do.  Hope to meet up with you again soon.  Good luck with the new job, hope you make a pile!

John

kDan

John,

Of course I remember you and Jake and I am happy to see you up there in your hat.  His dad made it too now - awesome.  Well, here in the Northeast we've got plenty of father and son instructor teams.  I guess it's your job to work on them!  Ha ha!  Want another job!  Well we've got plenty.  Do your PC's and move forward.  PA is a big state and can use as many full Appleseed Instructors as we can find.  They exist, we just have to find them, and right now, you're up!

Thanks for reaching out.  I appreciate it. 

Maybe Chambersburg can be the next Manheim?

-d-

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

NUGUN

Greetings,

My name is Jason and I live in York, PA.  I also have a small 2nd Amendment/Gun Blog called "The N.U.G.U.N. Blog" (New User of GUNs).

I am hoping to attend an upcoming Appleseed soon...

:-)
--
The N.U.G.U.N. Blog
http://nugun.wordpress.com

Cowdog

welcome aboard NUGUN.

Nearest Appleseed to you will probably be in Manheim Pa. Hope you can make it. 
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

CollegeSheepDog

Josh checking in.

I'm from the Johnstown, PA area and I go to school in Rochester, NY.  Went to an Appleseed up here in NY and got my patch on Halloween weekend.  Great time.  Can't wait to get home and get my friends and family to a PA shoot!

EZ3

Hello again.  Shot at the Beaver Falls Appleseed with my daughter in July.  Going solo to Manheim this month, since she up and enlisted in the Army.  Have a semi-auto this time, so it should be a little less work.  Anyone interested in going in on a cabin at Pinch Pond?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

lprgcfrank

E23 - looking forward to seeing you at Manheim!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

NUGUN

--
The N.U.G.U.N. Blog
http://nugun.wordpress.com

Spanner

NUGUN,

If you want to use your rifle (& sights) with a GI sling, I'll have a couple of slung stocks that we can swap onto your rifle for the weekend if you decide to go that route.

See you Saturday.
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Sie

Hello, everyone.  I am new to the forum and live in Kennett Square, PA.  My wife and I joined RWVA after our first Appleseed in Slippery Rock, PA on Oct. 10-11, 2009.  Since then I have attended three more AS events, two in Manheim, PA and one in Athens, OH.  I have spent a fair amount of time on the firing line these past two months.  My wife and I also attended a five-day course at FrontSight Shooting Academy in Nevada in late September.  It appears I have a permanent souvenir just below my neckline from my FrontSight experience, courtesy of hot brass from a 9mm Barretta fired by the man on the line next to me.  I am proud to say that my muzzle never wavered and I completed by strings of fire while simultaneously fishing hot brass out of my shirt (note to self: do not wear open-collared shirts on a firing line).

I have met a handful of you and look forward to meeting you all, as does my wife.  I am from Spokane, WA originally and arrived in the Chadds Ford area via Chicago in 2003.  Looking forward to helping Appleseed grow.
"Ramseur 2-10!"

lprgcfrank

Sie,
Congratulations and a big Thank You for stepping up to becoming an IIT.  I look forward to working with you behind the line!