News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leeds ND

Started by sparks1, June 02, 2009, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Leeds AS was great. My first as an IIT. Alex and VMT ran a good shoot , and I learned alot from them. What a difference being on the "other" side of the line. I think I learned more doing basic instruction. Perhaps it was having it over again also.
Weather was good. Sat. was a perfect day, sunny and NO wind. I could not believe I was in N.D. The wind did come up something fierce on Sat. night...almost lost my tent. But by shoot time Sun. it was fine.
I believe 5 riflemen were created, but the numbers can be verified by the shoot boss. Many improved their skills and expressed interest in another AS. I think N.D. will have another soon. (Going by the interest expressed.)
Many thanks to Chris for building a range and for hosting an AS. I hope the photos taken will be posted on this AAR link. ( Jonathan...you copy???) Thanks to the North Dakotans for coming and putting S.D. behind you in having an AS. Well Done guys.
Auf Wiedersehen
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Alex

The first Appleseed in North Dakota could not have gone much better than it did. I need to start by thanking Chris for finding us a place to hold this Appleseed. Thank you to all of those who attended. You were a great group of shooters. Also thank you Sparks1 and VMT193 for helping out.

Saturday was clear, still, and dry, which made for good shooting. There were 14 shooters on the line to start Saturday. We fired our first red coat shortly after nine, and we kept a pretty good pace for the rest of the morning. During lunch VMT193 gave us the first strike, than it was back to work. After learning the SHFs for sitting, standing, and doing a star target it was time for a break, where I did the second strike. On the first QD-AQT of the weekend we got two Riflemen. One of them was a twelve year old who did it without a sling. We got another on our second QD-AQT. There was a great deal of improvement from that mornings Red Coat. VMT193 finished our history for the day with the third strike, and seventh step.

On Sunday we lost four shooters, but picked up one. We had another quick start after our Redcoat. Ball and Dummy, Carding the Sights, a few more QD-AQTs, and then it was time for lunch. Jonathan shot Rifleman just before lunch, so he helped out being an RSO, and later he called the line. We took a short break in the shade to talk about the Dangerous Old Men, afterward the fifth Rifleman of the Weekend emerged.

Thanks to all of you who came out this weekend. Sparks1 and VMT193 were a great help, and did a wonderful job. Congratulations to our five Riflemen. I hope to see you wearing orange hats real soon.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Whisker

33% riflepeople?  Great job shooters... Oh, and great job instructors!   

Looking forward to more in the Dakotas. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

ndrifleman

North Dakota's first Appleseed was awesome!  Alex, VMT193, and Sparks1 were great, and us shooters really benefited by their patient instruction.  We definitely came away with that "spirit of liberty" after hearing the stories of April 19, 1775!  My brother and I left as Riflemen, myself with an initial 212 followed by a 219 on the AQT, and him with a 219.  In the afternoon, as Alex said, I had the privilige of calling the line for a bit and helping as an RSO.  It was so much fun, in fact, that I'm ready to become an IIT!  Just gotta figure out who I'm supposed to contact...  Anybody want to put me on the fastrack?

Here's some pics from the weekend!

Orange hat, here we come!!!

Jonathan

P.S.  This post would have been up earlier if it hadn't been for a delay in the approval of my account here at the Forum.  Sorry!
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

ChrisS

I too thought the Leeds shoot was really great, I appreciate everyone coming and I appreciate the instructors taking time out to help us. I shot Rifleman the first day and again the second day a couple of times, now I am ready to grab an orange hat and start helping others, what do I need to do to get the orange hat? After that I'll be asking how to get a red hat!
Thanks,
Chris

AFTERMATH

15-Shooters
5-Riflemen
2-IIT canidates

Awesome!  Just get some more shoots and North Dakota will be an entire State of RIFLEMEN!

I regret I was unable to instruct at this event; but I had absolute confidence that Alex, vmt193, and Sparks1, would run an EXCELLENT shoot!

Congratulations to all the Riflemen!
Those who didn't quite make it-DRYFIRE-DRYFIRE-DRYFIRE!-Practice-Persist-Perservere:  And YOU will find yourself wearing that patch, someday!
(Sooner than you think ;) )

Chris and Jonathan- Thank you for stepping up. The Seventh step is the most important and the most rewarding expirience you shall ever endevour. 
The Seventh Step is the difference between; a rifleman and a Rifleman! (Send a message to 'Alex' or 'vmt193'-they should help you get that orange hat!)

I look forward to seeing you all on the Appleseed Trail!

AFTERMATH
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Welcome to the Appleseed Trail :D ;D  I think I can speak for vmt193 and Alex in saying that we had a great time with the nodak crowd doing the first of many events in the great state of North Dakota. I look forward to making doing many more until you guys take over as red and green hats. By the way...thanks to you I moved up to the next stage as an IIT. Huzzah! Also thanks for posting pics.
I found the attendees to be extremely receptive to the Appleseed message, proven by the discussion about the history and current events and the willingness to take the 7th step. Start bailing!!!! If not as an instructor then spread the word, get some more events set up so Appleseed can flourish and grow. You are the leading edge of the sword  in N.D.
See you soon???

ps
How neat is it to get the ndrifleman for a nickname!!!! You moved first on that one (JGS18:9) O0 O0
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)