News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station AAR May 30-31-09

Started by alonso1, May 31, 2009, 11:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alonso1

Hi Y'all

The Appleseed in College Station this weekend (May 30-31, 2009) was a blast.

We started Saturday with 15 shooters on the line.  Several of the shooters had attended the April 19th Mud Fest last month and came back for more, minus the mud.  Sleepy Joe and I had our hands full, but the positive attitudes of the shooter's made for good experience.

Sleepy Joe called the line; the first rounds went down range at just past 9:00am.  The sun was out and putting a beating on all of us throughout the day.  We had to pace ourselves and we took several breaks to cool off and stay hydrated. 

By the end of the first day, most the shooters could recite the six steps to firing the shot.  There was improvement in marksmanship, we managed to get one AQT in and Sleepy Joe wrapped the day up with the third strike.

Sunday morning we started with 11 shooters on the line, about an hour later a new shooter arrived as we started the AQT Grind.

I witnessed much improvement, Michelle not Michael, Eric, Kelton, Tai, Nathan, Ed, Marcus and both Steve's were hanging in there.  They worked on the six steps, they worked on their steady hold factors, they worked on their NPOA, all while fighting the time monkey in stages 2 & 3.  I never heard a complaint from any of them.

During the Grind and right before lunch, it happened...Robert was our first Rifleman with an AQT score of 219!  And then he knocked out another Riflemen score for good measure O0  Well done Robert.

Not long after Robert's Riflemen patch was issued, CAPTG and Nick both fired Riflemen scores! O0

That's right! by the end of the day, we had three new Riflemen.  But wait! That's not all!  All three Riflemen stated they wanted to be a part of the Appleseed Project.  Yep, three more IIT's ;D

And don't forget folks, Appleseed needs all types of volunteers.  If you have not fired Riflemen yet, thats ok.  We can use your help, just let us know you wanna be a part of the program :)

So anyhow, that's how we finished the shoot. 

Many thanks to my fellow Americans who attended this Appleseed and a special thanks, a very big thanks to Steve (the property owner) who made the shoot possible and for being a wonderful host.  God bless you all.

Until next time, keep those actions clear and I'll see you on the beach.

Mark

POP

WAY TO GO
Robert, Capt G, and Nick   O0  :~

Sounds like I missed a great Appleseed.
And, we're sure glad to have the IITs on board.

Those who did attend had a real treat with alonso as SB.  I have really enjoyed working with him this past year and especially this past two weekends prior to the College Station Shoot.

Hope to see you all on the trail
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Aromatic

Alonso1 and SleepyJoe both did a great job instructing.  They kept the line moving fast and we powered through a lot of AQT's on Sunday. 

Steve was a great host as usual.  He even added an extra surprise for the way out  O0.

There were a lot of repeat shooters from the April 19th shoot and it was nice to see them again.  I look forward to the next one.

The last redcoat was a great way to wrap up a great weekend...  :~

CaptG

For a while Sunday afternoon I didn't think I'd ever break that 200-205 barrier. It was hot, I was tired & dehydrating. Finaly It happened!

Thank you Mark and Joe for all your help. Thanks also to Scout, TxPirate, Top, Pop, Metalbot and all the other instructors from my previous Appleseeds. Like the T shirt says "It feels good". I'll try to work as hard as an IIT as y'all have working with me.

Michelle, Ed, Tai, Steve and all you others that were there, hang in, I'm proof that it can be done.

Special thanks to Steve for allowing us the use of his beautiful ranch for AS.

Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

ItsMichelleNotMichael

My shoulder is bruised and my face is sunburned but WOW! WHAT A WEEKEND!!!

Thank you Mark & Joe for a great session.
Thank you Nick and Captain G for loaning me a gun and sling hardware.
Thank you Steve for sharing your beautiful place with us.
And thank you, Kelton, for not being mad when I kept shooting at your target instead of my own.

Like Arnold says, I'll be back. And I'll be doing lots of dry firing this summer.

big 54r

sounds like I missed a great AS shoot!

way to go Guy! You busted thru and got the patch!

for all the others who also got the patch, good job and for those that missed just keep plugging away.
I know I will until and after I get that patch!

way to go gang and I will be seeing you back at Millican as soon as I can.

Riflemen/Riflewomen persevere! <:) :~

ps: someone post some pix please.

Aromatic

Here is a picture Steve took of fresh riflemen and new IIT's on the North Bridge  O0

Thanks again Steve for being such a great host.

Edit:  Sorry about the small image.  Maybe rorzabal can post a larger one  ;)