News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Setting up an appleseed network in PA

Started by 303shooter, May 30, 2009, 01:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

303shooter

Hello all, my name is Denny and i have decided among other things; to help Ed "B964" the interim state coordinator in setting up, promoting and generally anything else i can do to help forward the appleseed program.

The other day while thinking of how we can make the program bigger in PA, getting shooters to the line, making rifleman...  The idea of a geographic network came to mind, a network of people like you and me throughout the state that can give just a little of their time to make a greater good. 

For example, if the nearest event is 5 hours from huntington pa, and we want to get an event closer to that geograpic area, because we know theres riflemen in them woods.. we look to our little network of appleseeders that live in the area and if their willing to help do just one little thing..maybe finding a range..or helping with promotions..or as little or as much as they would like to do...and thats the key..doing something your comfortable with is better than doing nothing at all. Those little things add up to a good turnout and successful event.

In trying to get this network organized, i have sent out PMs to most everyone from PA that has been active on the forum in the past month, if i missed anyone i apoligize, please PM me. If you are willing to help out by giving just a little in the future to gain a lot for our state and for our nation, let me know.  Thanks..Denny

lprgcfrank

count me into help - PM sent with my contact details.
Frank
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Frontsight

303Shooter - I'd be glad to help.  I'm in SE PA around 40 miles west of Philadelphia.  Central Chester County to be exact.  Let me know what you have in mind.  I'm a member at Atglen Sportsmen's Club.

Good Luck!

303shooter

We are getting there Pennsylvanians!!  And how You may ask?  By folks stepping up and saying that i will help out, that I am willing to do just a small part to get this program moving!  We are seeing some results happening already. It all can happen if we work as a team, stay connected with each other and stay the course...we can become a state that has Appleseed events in the north, south, east and west and all the areas in between...if we all do..just a little.. :) Thanks.... Denny

Frontsight

Hi 303 shooter - I got your pm today.  I'm new at this forum thing, so not exactly good at figuring out how to reply.  Anyway, I'll be happy to help with getting the word out about possible local Appleseeds.  I'll also help in any way I can.  I attended my first Appleseed over the April 19th Weekend at Allemans, PA  and managed to score rifleman.  I have been thinking about getting involved in the instructor program.  From what I've been reading, I have to attend 1 more Appleseed to start, so I have that on my agenda.  By the way, what 303 do you shoot?  I have an SMLE in the safe that I haven't fired yet,  soon though.

B9

Frontsight we are trying to put together an Instructor Boot Camp in Central NY.

Copy of post on the NY board.......

What we can do is have an Instructor Boot Camp July 8th-10th with the Throop NY shoot July 11th-12th as your first working Appleseed.
Scout (from Texas) would be the Master Instructor for this, and it would be held at/near by the Throop NY range. What we need is a for sure count of who will attend this. Before I hear a bunch of "this keeps getting changed around and now I don't know what to do" remember scheduling of people coming half way a crossed the county to spend vacation/family time volunteering to instruct us is not as simple as one would like.
So...... here is your chance to move up the Instructor ladder, meet and be taught by the one and only Scout. If you do not meet the requirements send a PM with why you feel you should be allowed to attend and Scout can review your request on a case by case.
Post here or send me a PM asap.

An IBC is a 2-3 day event.  It is intended for those desiring to become RWVA instructors and may or may not include actual shooting.  An IBC's may or may not be held at a range.

Who may attend: Anyone interested in becoming an RWVA Instructor, from any state who's willing to travel at their own expense to attend. Those wishing to attend need to have already attended an Appleseed and we prefer that you've shot a rifleman score or close to it or at least feel like you will shoot it very soon.

Cost:  Registration fees for IBC are $70. However, it is free for active military/guard/reserve, people who are under 21 years of age, and currently for 2009, women are also free.  Instructors interested in attending an IBC as a refresher course and IIT's who've already attended an RBC or IBC are also Free.   There are no mail in registrations for IBC's, all registrations are done online or at the door.

Minimum number: An IBC requires at least 4 people to attend, so if you want one in your area get 3 others together and let us know. IBC's without at least 4 people registered to attend might be canceled.

Graduation:  Those successfully completing the Instructor course will achieve up to the level of IIT3 as determined by their instructor.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

303shooter

Frontsite, i see you got your PM working, these forums can take some getting used to, theres some things i havent figured out yet! haha  With things growing here were sure gonna need instructors...which is a good thing!  So we need to grow our Instructor Corp a little bit to cover all the events that are in the works, and it will prove to be a most rewarding experience, as our present instructors will tell you.  Anyone who wants to get involved in or questions about the instructor program please get ahold of B964 or myself ASAP. 

On the 303 subject Frontsite, i have 1 No4 original and a couple No4s that have been "sporterized" by someone else and a sporterized No 1. Idk i gotta love affair with them! haha