News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Name that DAR

Started by B9, June 03, 2009, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Time is wasting here so only a 3 day poll. If we wait any longer than that it will always be known as Slippery Rock.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

SamD

Murphy was a good Pennsylvania boy, name it after him.

Cowdog

Being from here, Slippery Rock seems like such an ordinary name.

Until someone else mentioned it, I did not even think about Murphy because he performed his feats in NY and I think he moved to NY after the war. However, I would be glad to honor him here.

If we get shoots going, I will happily live with any result, except perhaps "Cowdog Tribute Range"
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

arpjoe

I like the historical significance of the Pennsylvania Associators.  Pre Relvolutionary War it was voluntary associations that Pennsylvania had instead of town militias.

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

B9

Quote from: Cowdog on June 03, 2009, 11:13:26 PM
Being from here, Slippery Rock seems like such an ordinary name.

Until someone else mentioned it, I did not even think about Murphy because he performed his feats in NY and I think he moved to NY after the war. However, I would be glad to honor him here.

If we get shoots going, I will happily live with any result, except perhaps "Cowdog Tribute Range"

You don't like "Cowdog Tribute Range"?!  Murphy is a excellent choice, but the wheels of democracy are in motion. They are unstoppable.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Cowdog

I like the associators concept like ArpJoe, as it honors those everyday people who tend to get forgotten in history.

If "Cowdog tribute" wins I may train my Blue Heeler dog to start leaving behind her calling cards where you all will be parked and camping! >:D
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

B9

Timothy Murphy Memorial has a slight lead (one vote) over Cowdog Tribute Range.
Vote while you still can.
Medea Benjamin