News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Daniel Boone Conservation League has an Appleseed shoot 9-26,27

Started by Muskyjerk, May 24, 2009, 11:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskyjerk

Jrturbo gave me the go ahead, so Hardware and I gave our spin on the shoot, and presented it to the board.

We met with the board last Monday, I think we talked for 40 minuites,,,and they agreed to a full appleseed shoot (I have an email from the president confirming). We have the 50 yard line on September 26 and 27 8:00am until 4:00pm. we can also bring a couple of guys to the 200 if need be but we have to allow club members access too

We also have the chance to secure 2 more shoots in the up comming year, If they like what they see,

Hardware and I have been bending ears since the Racine shoot. and Jrturbo and JoeZ encouraged us to present it again...after looking at the calender we saw a couple of open dates in September so we grabed our buckets.

looking forward to getting this shoot going and seeing everyone there......

And can someone speed up Hardware's shooting jacket order :) he is a little quiet (when it comes to posting). but sometimes its the quite ones that do the most........

Old Glory!

Fantastic!  There is a great foundation of Appleseeders who have been planting seeds at Daniel Boone for a long time.  They have sprouted!  Ready to produce some great fruit!  Great work, ALL OF YOU. 

Here is what we need to do:
1.  Print out the attached Host Application Form.  Someone who is familiar with Daniel Boone can fill out most of it and then take it to the President and have them sign it.  Give the club a copy. 

2.  Fill out an Event Information Page.  A blank EIP is posted below, along with guidelines on how to fill it out.   

3.  Send the Host App and the Event Information Page to SavageShootr.  She will check it for completeness and send it on to be put on Evenbrite. 

4.  Right now we can PM Nickle and SavageShootr with the date and location name to be added to the working schedules.  I can do that.  That will put it on the working schedules, but we still need to get the paperwork done.

Who from the club will volunteer to do the paperwork; the Host App and Event Info Page and send it to SS? 

I'd be glad to help out with the paperwork, but it will be easiest for someone familiar with the club to fill it out.
Please respond here so we all know who is taking care of what.   :~ :~ :~

------------------------------------------Event Information Page-------------------------------------------

Range:

Address: 

When:

Range Fee: 

Camping available:

Hotels:

Directions:

GPS:

State Laws to be aware of: 

Misc: 

For More Information Contact:

Registration Link:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of the body of the EIP please add the following information:

-Time Zone

-Shooter Capacity

Red is some suggestions on how to fill this out.

----------------------------------------- Sample Event Information Template ----------------------------------------

Range: If the range has a Name, like "Toonsville Rifle and Pistol Club", it goes here.  If it is on private land or no name, put the name of the city, then Appleseed, like "Toonsville Appleseed

Address:  Street address. City/State.

Website: If the range/club has a web site, let's put it here. 

When:    We are currently putting all the dates for this location here.  So if you have a site that has multiple dates, list them here.  I prefer to have them each on their own line, and tabbed/spaced over to line up neatly

Range Fee:  Try to ensure this info is accurate before posting.  If you are unsure, you can put TBA here.  Keep in mind that various ranges/clubs will have different fee setups.  Some will allow only "Active duty" military (not Guard or Reserve) in Free.  Some will let kids under 18 in Free.  So, be specific.  Also, we need to know if this fee is per day or per event.

Camping available:   If on site, list that one first.  Also list the conditions.  Primitive means that there are no facilties at the locaiton, no water, toilets, showers, hook-ups.  We have seen this all the way to Full RV hook ups on site.  So give as much detail as we can get.  Adding to this is fine if need be.

Listing commercial/state sites with contact numbers and distance from range is a nice touch.  If you have rates, that is nice as well.

Hotels:   If we can get a list of hotels and phone numbers that would be handy.  If you can arrange a package deal with a local hotel, that is even better.  They are usually open to such a deal.  Tell them that if they agree, we will list them first, with direct phone and web page links. 

Distance from range is handy info as well, if you have it.

Directions:  We really need good directions.  This is the biggest request for information that we receive.  If you have Lat/Long for GPS that is nice as well.  Ensuring that we have directions for all common intersections and such is needed, as well as any unique features like "Do not pass the fire house as you will enter Old Man Potter's field and he doesn't take kindly to strangers" or such.

GPS Coordinates: We appreciate this information if you can find it.

State Laws to be aware of:   Our standard is "Check State Laws", however, if you know of some non-standard laws that may cause out of towners some grief, try to list them.  Like no mags over 10 rounds.  No Tracer Ammo. Example of a nonstandard law: WI State law prohibits children under the age of 14 to handle rifles.

Misc:  We need to know specifics of this location. This is also the place for comments This should be used to "sell" features of this Appleseed. Specifically, if there is a long-range component, it should be stated here: "Long-range component out to 300 [or 400, or XYZ] yards" - if there will be a full-distance AQT, that should be trumpeted: "This Appleseed will feature a full-distance AQT out to 400 yards for selected Appleseeders." Other things that should be added here: "Club has excellent facilities." "Lunch will be provided at reasonable cost." "Sheltered firing lines in case of bad weather." "Amazing views of the Pacific ocean to the west, mountains to the east." "See Mt Ranier in the distance, from this location!"

Here is where we list what range we will be shooting.  If it is a 25 meter only event, then put that here with the comment of "Bring out your 22s and gain valuable marksmanship skills without using up your expensive center fire ammo." But also state if Centerfire is welcome or not. If there will be an actual distance component available, list that as well, "There will be a 500 yard range available, so be sure to bring your centerfire rifle and see that the 25 meter skills transfer to actual distance too."

Also, if there are conditions set by the range/club, such as 10 MPH speed limit on range property, no steel core ammo, Sunday shooting will not begin until Noon, etc.

For more information contact:  If we get prior agreement with someone to be a local phone contact, that is ideal.  We usually put the screen name of the RWVA person that is responsible for setting up the shoot.  Sometimes we will have a local/host contact number, and label it as "For range information ONLY".  We are happy to use emails as well, if phone is not a good option. People not registered on the forum cannot PM for information so an email is best.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Muskyjerk

paper work is no problem, as long as my spelling is checked.....

I will get going on it tomorrow.

colycat

Quote from: Muskyjerk on May 25, 2009, 11:37:44 AM
paper work is no problem, as long as my spelling is checked.....}
I will get going on it tomorrow.

Do not worry, OG is the spelling bee.  Thanks for getting this set up.  We now have instructors, now we need venues and shooters.  Everyone on this board has to help, NOW!  Time is very short.

CC
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Muskyjerk

I have a signed Host form and have sent a personal message to Savage shooter........

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Muskyjerk

Range: Daniel Boone Conservation League

Address:  4694 Highway 167. Hubertus WI 53033

When: September 26th and 27th

Range Fee:  10.00 per shooter per day. all Women, and  kids under 18, active military and Guard, fee is waived

Camping available: yes primitive, restrooms available 24hrs

Hotels: Americ Inn 8.4 miles German Town, WI
Country Inn 8.4 miles German Town WI

Directions: from Milwaukee: 94 west to 164, take 164 north to Hwy 167, turn left heading west club entrance is ½ mile on the right

GPS: Lat 43 degrees 15' 4.72N     Lon 88 Degrees 16' 18.41W

State Laws to be aware of:    

Misc: 

For More Information Contact:

Registration Link:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of the body of the EIP please add the following information:

-Time Zone central

-Shooter Capacity 20

fepowered

Is the range fee based on a per person charge or are we being charged by the event??   I got an E-mail from a range member asking if he still needs to pay the fee.

"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Muskyjerk

When we went in front of the board they said they would waive the fee for Women, everyone under 18 and current military, so I have been saying 10.00 per day for everyone else.

20.00 for two days

The club charges a shoot fee for other events so I don't see this being a problem.

We may change it for the next time

I just want to get this one in the books so we can get two dates next year  :),

fepowered

"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

Deacon

Great job Muskyjerk!!!!
I have penciled the weekend in to be there.
I have a couple of friend in the Pewaukee area who are interested.  I will get them to sign up soon.

I hear it is a beautiful range!

Deacon.

Muskyjerk

Quote from: fepowered on June 13, 2009, 04:40:27 PM
How far off of 41/45 is this???

around 8 miles to the west, on 167.  looking back if would have been easier to get people there via 41/45. live and learn....

5 spots left,   if anyone is stopping by the club please post another flyer. I was there today and it was gone.

Its a great facility, new club house, the only thing it lacks is a long distance range, but we have pits in the 200. 

JoeZ

It's on my way to work so I'll drop a stack off first thing, let'em take all they wish.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Muskyjerk

More good news,

When we presented the Appleseed program to the board we also indicated that we would also like two shoot per year.

well the president is starting the scheduling and has given us the following dates

5 29-30  memorial week end
6 19-20 fathers day weekend

9 18-19
9 25-26

do any of these make more sense?

May is over the holiday not sure if that is an issue or not..

I asked for 4 17-18 but it was filled

our general meeting is tomorrow night so I would like to give her an answer as soon as I can.

Trisha

I just want to make sure I understand this, they want us to choose 2 dates from those 4 is that right?

Muskyjerk

Muskyjerk

Regarding the September 26th and 27th shoot, my club president came up to me and asked why I wasn't having the club house open. so we talked a board member into shooting and we now have the club house available to us... what this means is there will be access to pizza and softdrinks for a small charge during lunch, and pizza, popcorn, softdrinks, and Barley pops after the shoot. for a small fee.

hope to see you there

Robbvious

...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

Old Glory!

Great news!  Let us know when you have the official word for the 2009 dates.  We'll need to get that on the 2009 Appleseed schedule.

Muskyjerk

:D

looks like we have a sellout...........

checked it twice today, it was only 20 spots.

spoke too soon

fepowered

Is there room for more shooters?????    I have Women/Under 21 asking about slots available to shoot......

Old Glory!

There are two spots open on Sunday, but because of the way eventbrite works it shows sold out.  Plus there is always a chance of a no-show on Saturday.  So they could try a walk-on.

Even though the WI shoots have shown to be sold out at pre-registration, there always seems to be room on the line Saturday morning because of no shows. 

I am not familiar with DBCL and the line, but at Lodi, Racine, and Shiocton a few more shooters could always be added.   

Or you could steer them to Lodi, October 10-11 that is NOT sold out YET.  :)

Muskyjerk

The concrete under the roof on the 50 yard line will hold 20 under Appleseed guide lines.

If the weather is good the shoot boss may utilize the cover for prep and move the line forward. if this happens we could easily get another 5 shooters. on the line

We are also looking at two shoots next year the first in April around the 19th.

Old Glory!

Thanks MJ!  All that is good to know.  We can decide after this first shoot if we should bump up the capacity.  And in that case FE, I think it is likely the folks you had interested will be able to walk-on.   :)

SavageShootr

April... around the 19th... I'm hoping that means the 17-18th  O0
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Muskyjerk

Quote from: SavageShootr on September 11, 2009, 11:58:29 PM
April... around the 19th... I'm hoping that means the 17-18th  O0

Its penciled in, everything is going to be based off this first shoot

Muskyjerk

How many people are camping????

Deacon is there with a pop up.

anyone else???

Old Glory!

As of this moment there are 3 openings on Eventbrite.
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/360814205%20%20%20%20%20

There is also a chance of walk-on registration too.  If you want to attend, snatch up those pre-reg spots.  And if you miss those, try a walk-on.